Chapter 44: The Masquerade

Nikol's mind was set. He couldn't let anyone else touch what he considered his. Aari was going to be at the party, and the thought of someone else laying a finger on her was intolerable. He prepared himself, ensuring he had everything he needed to keep a close watch on her.

Meanwhile, Aari and Rose were at home, getting ready for the party. Rose was rifling through Aari's closet, tossing clothes onto the bed as she went.

"You need to move on from that bastard Aaron," Rose lectured, her voice firm but caring. "He's already dating some random bitch. It's time to let go."

Aari sighed, finishing off her drink. The mention of Aaron was like a dagger in her heart, and she couldn't take it anymore. She stood up, grabbing a black maxi dress with that clung to her figure, with a pair of killer stilettos. opting for a bold red lip and smoky eyes.

Rose emerged from her room dressed in a sultry red dress that hugged her curves perfectly. The dress had a plunging neckline, and the fabric shimmered under the light. She paired it with high heels and minimal jewelry, Her makeup was dark and seductive, dressed in a  perfectly complementing her wild personality.

"I'll drive, baby," Rose said with a grin, tossing her car keys into her purse.

Unbeknownst to them, Nikol watched from the shadows, ensuring Aari was safe. He made a mental note to install cameras around her apartment for her protection. As they were getting ready, he stealthily placed a tracker in their car, ensuring he could monitor their movements.

The club was the most exclusive in town, and tonight, it was hosting a masquerade party. Rose and Aari arrived, their masks adding an air of mystery to their stunning outfits. Rose dragged Aari onto the dance floor, urging her to let loose.

"Come on, Aari! Let's dance!" Rose shouted over the music.

Aari hesitated but then gave in. She began to dance, moving her body in the most seductive manner. Her hips swayed rhythmically, and her hands glided over her curves, drawing the eyes of everyone in the club. Her confidence grew with each beat, and she lost herself in the music, feeling free and unburdened for the first time in ages.

Nikol slipped into the club, wearing a mask that concealed his identity. He watched Aari from a distance, captivated by her beauty and allure. As she passed by him, he caught a hint of her vanilla-scented perfume. The fragrance stirred something primal within him, making him want to take her away and consume her, but he controlled his dark thoughts.

Rose, ever the instigator, made sure Aari drank more than she should have. Soon, a random guy approached Aari, asking for a dance. She obliged, but it quickly became apparent that his intentions were less than honorable. He started touching her inappropriately, his hands roaming where they shouldn't. Nikol's fury ignited, but before he could intervene, Aari acted. She stepped her heel down hard on the man's foot, causing him to yelp in pain and back off.

Nikol felt a surge of pride. "Oh, my Kittycat is wild and too feisty," he thought, a smile playing on his lips.

As the night continued, Nikol stayed close, ensuring Aari remained safe. The party raged on, but his focus never wavered. Aari was the moon in his dark world, and he was determined to protect her, no matter what.

Rose took Aari's hand again, suggesting they move to the club's second level, which was reserved for exclusive members. "Do you want to go upstairs? My dad's a VVIP member," Rose offered.

Aari shook her head, wanting to stay on the main floor. "No, I'm fine here."

Later, she spotted Aaron with Sunny on the dance floor. The sight was a punch to her gut. She turned back to the bar and ordered three more shots, downing them quickly. Nikol, watching her drink so recklessly, became increasingly worried. He was also furious at Rose for leaving Aari alone and going to the second floor with a random guy.