Chapter 9 - 2 calls & a cold room

⚠️Disclaimer!!: there is mention in one phone call about intended harm, so you can be aware
————————————————————————
"Amelia Roberts..., give Maeve some privacy." Charlotte drags her away, not being able to finish assessing what was happening inside the room, burning by the touch of the wall.

"But sweetheart, somethings not right just look at the notes and what I heard" Mia shows her girlfriend the notes she made and to be fair for Mia she had quite a lot down, to the little details of sighs and the tones the had spoken in. "Amelia why are you...." Charlottes eyes scan over the notepad, the further her eyes trailed down the paper the more her face contorted in anger.
"What?.. her own mother said this?" She spoke out of anger. "Unfortunately sweetheart yeah" Mia rubbed her back trying to calm her down.

Although they were both together as a couple, Mia and Charlotte had overtime grown quite fond of their company with Maeve's additional company. They had felt this way for a while but they knew now wasn't the right time.
When Charlotte talked to Maeve when she first arrived she had felt it all reignite, she'd also called Mia when Maeve was asleep to talk to.

Maeve sighs as Laura walks out of her office, a smirk plastered over her face as she passes Mia and Charlotte. "Ladies" Laura says slightly knocking Mia by her shoulder as she walks out of the nursery. "Rude bitch..." Mia huffs as she folds her arms, Charlotte would have normal told her off but she just smiled as they both walk towards the office door. As they got to the door Mia pointed down the handle, a 'Do not disturb' sign was hung over the door handle. The women both looked at each other before trying the door, locked. "Oh fuck..." is all char could say.
——————— An hour Later ————————
None of the staff have heard anything come from Maeve's office an hour later. Many had taken turns to get her attention, some leading to no reply some leading to a hushed "go away" from Maeve. "Char.. is Maeve all good and all?.." Carly mumbled fiddling with her side ponytail. "I think.." Charlotte breathed, "I think Maeve just needs her space Carly okay? She'll be fine..." Charlotte didn't really believe her own words but she had to, just incase Carly didn't.

"Mae..... it's Autumn.." the woman who normally had a hard forefront mask softly spoke, "We're all worried about you.. did something happen? I'm here for you Mae..." Autumn sits on the floor of the corridor trying everything.

She sat for 40 minutes trying to get something out of Maeve but nothing was happening, she had now stone walled Autumn.
As Autumn walked back into the office she noticed Marjorie acting perfectly normal, just a tinge of anger. "Have you talked to Maeve Marj?" Aut asked, looking Marjorie up and down.
"Why would she want to see me?" Marjorie scoffs and looks at her computer, "We had quite a row yesterday" she continued not looking up.

Autumn's POV:
I found it quite surprising that Marjorie didn't want to see Maeve, but recently they had an argument. From what I heard from both Charlotte and Mia, Maeve had broke down in Charlotte's arms in the middle of the night.

"I saw your mum walk out into the car park" I tell Marjorie and her face perks up a bit, "Was she looking for me? Why was she here?" She asks me and I shrug, how was I supposed to know?

I go back to typing on my computer, wanting to know why Marjorie wouldn't try to see her sister, though I guess it feels different when you hear the truth about what your family would do.
When I found out what happened with prom I was broken..., I couldn't believe my dad did it.
————————————————————————
M Montgomery: Phone call one.
As she sat in her office, in her chair filling paper work she noticed how dark the now sky had become. "It's only 4:30pm....how is it so dark?" She questioned aloud as she paced back and forth her office. Still being shaken from earlier moments of the day, she glanced at the particular parent had stood - the fear that fell from her eyes.