Chapter 33 - Shopping

It's the morning and last night they took Maeve too the doctors to find out what's wrong, unluckily her midwife is on maternity leave so she had a completely different person to help her. They told Maeve that there was nothing wrong from what they could see, so they administered her medication and told her to stay at home and rest. But Maeve felt something was wrong.

A mother always knows when something is wrong. She felt it all through her body.
—————
"You think it'll be okay to leave her alone for a couple of hours?... Will she manage without us?" Mia looks at Charlotte who is fixing her hair in the mirror, glancing back at Maeve who is led up in her body pillow asleep. Her face was scrunched in odd pain as she was asleep, Mia leant over and tucked Maeve into bed as she kissed her forehead. "She's boiling Charlotte.. are we sure she's okay to stay here by herself?" Mia sighs sitting on the edge of the bed rubbing Maeve's bump. "Would Reece look after her? He's done it before and he just needs to make sure she doesn't collapse or something..." Charlotte sits on the other side of the bed.

Mia looks at both of her girlfriends, "I'll message Reecey... tell him what's going on and he'll come back asap.." she sighs and messages him and he said hello be over in 15 minutes with Marjorie so they can go shopping. They both watch as Maeve's chest rises and falls and rises, they were so protective over Maeve as of late.

The blinds were half open and caused Maeve to stir from her sleep and rubs her eyes, "hm..? Haven't you gone out shopping yet.." she looks at the two women looking between them, "what's the matter?" Maeve asks puzzled. Mia sits down next to her and Charlotte's kneeled down beside her, all of their hands attentively and lovingly rubbing bump, "Are you sure you're going to be okay by yourself, we have Reece coming to keep you company. Maybe he'll cook you food baby~" Mia chuckles rubbing her bump.

Maeve tiredly laughs and grabs her glasses from the side, "I'll be fine....I don't trust that midwife from yesterday though... I'm sure that there's something wrong... it all feels wrong." Maeve sneezes and takes a sip of water. Mia kisses her then the bump, "hey little one.., it's mimi.. you know your mummy is so tired because of your reckless in there~ and your mama has been reading you so many stories~" Mia smiles on the bump and Maeve is just tiredly playing with her hair, Charlotte smiles at the two of them.

"We're gonna go sweetheart, you definitely wanted that for that clipped onto our bed? And those baby outfits? Oh sweetheart I feel so bad you can't come.. but your and the baby's health is more important" Mia kisses Maeve and grabs her bag fixing her lovers hair again.
Charlotte smiles and looks at her, "I'll message you about that one set you wanted for baby girl okay? We will pick you up some goodies too~" Charlotte kisses Maeve and then rubs the bump, "love you pudding.. Reece has just pulled up I'll let him in" Charlotte smiles and they both leave letting Reece in.

"Thank you Reecey so much....She's in our bedroom probably back asleep again. Can you just keep an eye on her now and again... she knows she has to eat but well common sense. Recently she's had bad pains, there's meds in the cabinet for her but if worse comes to shove do you mind taking her to the doctor-" Mia gets interrupted by Reece's laugh, "Mia I'll be fine looking after her, yes yes okay? It's so cute seeing you worry" he chuckles and Mia glares at him.
————— At the Shopping Centre ——————

They all meet each other on the benches, Mia and Charlotte sat waiting and they decided today would be a girls day doing girlie things.

"Aww Hiya my loves where's um... Maeve? She feeling better?" Marjorie looks around and only sees Autumn, Sorscha, Mia, Charlotte and Carly as she'd begged Marjorie to let her come, she really loves the idea of being able to buy baby gifts. "No she's still not well..., Reece is looking after her" Charlotte smiles grabbing her bag and holding hands with Mia.