Chapter 38 - Do's and Don'ts

A/N - I know this may not be up to par with it but even re wrote this part many times and I don't know how to word it.
————————————————————————
A loss of the child can really affect many people, even if you weren't the mother bearing the child. The partners also face that affect of pain.

Autumn suffered massively when she lost her daughter, but she knew winter would also need that additional support where possible. So when Autumn found out with the others about Mabel's death, she was worried for them all and more so Mia. When they were younger Mia would subsequently hide and mask her emotions due to being controlled by Roger for years.

"Are you okay Mia?" Autumn asked, "I'll be okay when she is okay... when they both are okay" she replied as Autumn let her fall into her arms....

She felt her pain that they were all feeling and there were definitely boundaries she knew they would need to set. So Autumn soothed Mia's hair back and rubbed her back. She wasn't normally one to show this affection publicly however when she lost her own daughter... what she found helped her own situation. Was when people WOULD: let her know they were always there for her, and that's what she'd repay them for also. It made Autumn not feel so alone, making her feel safe with them.

"It's okay you can let it out, Mimi...." Autumn continued to soothe as they were left in the meeting room. Stifled sobs were ripped from Mia's throat as she cried into Autumn, she tried her best to deal with grief but the anticipation of having a little girl made her smile. "...I'm not okay...we're not okay..Aut please" Mia sobbed into her arms, Charlotte was in Reece's arms.

The strongest people can even get broken with the grief that they had endured. "How about I drive you guys home and then I'll message you in the morning? We're all here for you..." Autumn left out a breath and softly kissed Mia's forehead, she knew they would be able to make it.

"T-that would be nice...sometimes even though she wasn't my blood... in some resemblance she reminded me of my baby photos...a-and yours" Mia sniffled and stood up. Charlotte walking over to Mia now and wrapping her arms around her.

————— The Next Morning ——————
The repetitive opening of the blinds and the blast of sun on their back continued to wear their moods slowly, they lost a daughter and the world kept going on? At the vanity she sat staring into the mirror..., looking at her blemishes and running a finger across the bridge of her nose. Examining the deeper spots that trailed on her nose, she was tired and sensitive she wanted to distract herself but the hole was so big. So as Maeve sat looking in the mirror, the bags under her eyes were illuminated and the flushed red tints were more prominent than before.

Maeve didn't want the parents to start jumping to conclusions yet again, so she packed her face full of the mask - concealing the sadness and slipping into the facade she made. "Sweetheart...." Mia looked at Maeve through the mirror, Charlotte was already downstairs.

"....mn?" "You're so tired recently... i-is there anything me and Char can help with?" Mia lowered her arms to rest over Maeve's shoulders, the tension relaxing in her shoulders. "...tomorrow.. i just need you two... I don't want to do anything tomorrow.... I want to numb the pain" Maeve mumbles and rests her head in her hands.

Mia looks at Maeve and gives her a small kiss, "I think they want to plan a chill thing tomorrow but you will have us.." "Will there be alcohol...?" Maeve sadly smiles, Mia follows with a nod.

"How about... we get ready.. get a coffee and drive to work. Let's help you in the best way possible" Mia cups Maeve's cheeks and kisses her softly as she finishes covering her blemishes and then neatens her clothes getting up, holding Mia's hand walking down the stairs. "Morning Baby.. I've got your coffee ready and you lunch... today will be a good day okay?" Charlotte walks over and rubs her back, giving two kisses.