Chapter 32 - Can you keep a secret?

A/N- Just a quick one there will be time skips within this chapter just to progress this story along and sorry if all the terms aren't correct. :)
———————————————————————
10 Weeks ( 3months)
Many thoughts raced again through Maeve's mind, now as the time passed she was 10 weeks pregnant and nearing the end of her first trimester. Maeve was so lucky to have Mia and Charlotte helping and being such supportive girlfriends through the pregnancy, they had been there for her in more ways that she could count.

A small wave of guilt would gloss over Maeve's head now and again but these moments together as the four of them made her shut them away.

Today was an important ultrasound with the sonographer, they would find out if the baby is reaching the expected life stages in growth and development during the pregnancy. At the previous appointments Maeve had been able to hear the heartbeat of her baby.., that was the moment she knew she couldn't give up. Yet still that thought wondered if she could give this baby a good heart by being a mother.

She didn't feel as nauseated today by the smell of coffee, so Mia was able to get away with her post coffee kisses. Getting out of bed on the other hand, she sat up too quickly earning a gag as she rushed to the bathroom. Mia holding her hair up as she dry heaved into the toilet. "It's okay sweetheart...you're doing so well." Mia softly spoke to Maeve rubbing her back. "I can't wait for this sickness to go....I want to feel pretty" Maeve sighs whilst wiping her mouth with tissue.
"Oh baby you are pretty.. even angel thinks so~ That glow is even starting to show baby." Mia kisses her forehead. Charlotte was in early this morning so she didn't have that much time to say goodbye to Mia and Maeve but she begged for details of the appointment when they came back.

"Amelia? Can I.. let something off my chest to you?" Maeve sighs as she sits on the vanity stool and stares at Mia through the mirror. She could do her own hair, but Mia was just in awe of Maeve's mid length hair and loved to style it, "Of course sweetheart, curly half up?" Mia grabs the curling iron leaving silence for Maeve to talk. Resting a hand on her small bump Maeve looks again at Mia through the mirror, "This secret if you could call it that has been eating me up but now and again I just can't shake the thought." Mia hums listening, "I've had a couple of parents message me...personally." Maeve looks up as she feels Amelia's hand halt movements and looks into the mirror, "What have they been saying?" Mia hums in annoyance, "Someone heard me talking to autumn about being pregnant... they spreaded the rumour I was being unfaithful to you and Charlotte.. one of them said it wouldn't be bad if the baby just...." Her hand wandered across her stomach rubbing it slowly.

"But keep it a secret...I don't want to be worrying the others about it, I can put up with it." She rambles on and Mia puts a hand on her shoulder, "I can't promise baby but this baby deserves a life" she smiles and continues to do her hair.

"Voila how do you like the hair baby?" Mia smiles helping Maeve up from her vanity stool, "Ah! Baby I love it! And you!" Maeve turns around and kisses Mia on the lips sweetly. "Let's get us to the appointment and I'll treat you before I drop house to work~" Mia smiles and they drive to the appointment, windows down as it's a hot day.

Maeve's POV:
As we arrived to the appointment a wave of anxiousness rushed over my skin, "Baby what if something wrong happens?" I get out of the car shutting it behind me and look at Mia, "it will be fine okay sweetheart.. we can hear the heartbeat again~" she kisses my forehead and we walk in, doing that Mia wraps her left arm around my waist some of her hand on my bump.

I got lost in my own mind thinking about this small moment, so many times I've caught Charlotte but more so Mia being way more protective of me. Even though I'm only 3 months pregnant Mia won't even let me hold my own bag! At this moment as we're walking g in she's even holding it on her right shoulder. Charlotte's become more protective of how others speak to me and I can't imagine what I'd do without her. Autumn has told me so many times that I've become more clingy to them than ever, I couldn't really dismiss it. I felt safe in my chosen family's presence, it felt all too safe.