Chapter 19 - Let me treat you

A/n - Sorry this has taken so long I've been in a school show and still am so sorry for the delay.
May discuss some fluff smut.
————————————————————————
It had been a long Thursday and Maeve was just on edge the whole day, a parent started to continue to wind and push Maeve's buttons to the limits. The parent thought that it was okay to leave their baby crying after yanking their dummy out of their mouth.

"I swear it's not as bad as it seems, I would never intentionally hurt my daughter!" The mother yells out to Maeve and she flinches at the sudden yell. "You're emotionally hurting her by giving her that comfort and then ripping it straight away from her! Of course it's going to hurt her in some way!" Maeve's anger had been boiling all day, this parent was the tip of her iceberg. Looking her up and down, Maeve comes forward infront of her desk and half leans on it.
"I haven't done anything wro-" the mother complains, "YOU mothers always think you haven't done wrong! 'It's not what it seems' I've heard that so many times today!" Maeve interrupts her again groaning in annoyance, rubbing her forehead. A headache was brewing.

"Fine! But expect another strongly worded email to the management." The mother groans again and slams the door shut. Another thud encases the base of her neck, creeping over and up towards the top of her head.

Maeve sighs as she grabs her forehead..damn headaches appear at the worst times ever. "These parents will be the death of me..." she flops back into her chair and groans at the agony shooting through her head. She always wanted to treat all parents with the appropriate treatment but these parents over the last couple of days have been trying her to shreds. A treat.
————————————————————————
Maeve's POV:
I was still in work and this headache has gotten worse! I couldn't think straight without having that simmer of pain shoot uncontrollably through my body.  "Maeve, my darling I need to talk to you" Marjorie calls through behind the doors, "What is it Marj?" I ask her back, rubbing my head and she gently smiles and walks into the office. "Well I know that...you,Char and Mia are a piece? Collective? What would you call it?" Marjorie asks me and I just sigh. "We're together yes..., but not officially yet" I smile still rubbing my forehead in pain.

"Is that all you wanted Marj, I've got a killer headache" I sigh resting my head in my arms. It's been pounding for ages and I can't find any pain killers.  I rummage again through my bag trying to find my pain killers. "Do you have painkillers marj?, I think I forgot mine in Mia's car" I ask and she nods, "yeah let me go get them a second" and like that she leaves again through the door.

Another knock greeted me through my door. "Marj if that's you, you know you don't need to knock." I sigh lying back. "That's rude...sweetheart.." Mia hums as she opens the door.

"W-what?.." I jump out of my seat and run to her, "what are you doing here?!" I excitedly questioned her laying my head on her shoulder, oh it hurt so much. "I thought.. I'd surprise you by treating you to a one on one session.. it's important to get those times" Mia smirks and kisses me on the forehead. "Headache?" "Yeah" she looks at me and then goes into her bag.

"You left these in my car sweetheart" Mia hands me my painkillers and I don't know what waved over me to kiss her.. but I kissed her.
"So many parents yelling..... and justifying or trying to about taking their child's one sense of comfort away from them." I just sink into her, it hurts to breathe, it hurts to think it immensely hurts for anything. I let out a stifled sob and wrap my arms around her, she wraps them back softly rubbing my back gently as she rocks slowly side to side. "What if Marj comes back?" I whisper.

"Oh sweetheart it doesn't matter if she comes back..., you need to relax. Plus char even said we could~" Mia hums, "Or what I heard you call her mummy" she smirks lifting my head up to be "eye level" with her but my gaze drifts down to her cleavage and I bite my lip.