Chapter 40 - What could have Been

A/N - In this it may seem the perspectives may shift, there will be day dreams in between parts of their discussions, I'll make it known by putting it all in italics. Love you all ❤️
———————————————————————
It was the morning, still having no recollection of how she got home Maeve led tucked into bed next to Mia. Her arms tightly hugging the redheads torso, desperately wanting her to stay with herself as she didn't want to be alone.

It got to her...

The words from her mother and Julia truly got to Maeve, they blamed her for killing her own daughter, even though how could they even save her little Mabel? She wished she could have saved her but.... There was no hope.

So she clung tight to Mia as she led her head on Mia's chest, the redhead run her fingers through Maeve's hair, she started to thinking about what could have been with them all.
—1–
Their trip to the hospital and they woke up holding their new little girl Mabel, the fresh baby scent filling the hospital room.

Mia and Charlotte surrounded their girlfriend as she cooed Mabel to calm down, "She looks so peaceful sweetheart well done baby..." Mia kissed Maeve's head and softly adjusted Mabel's hat. They were so proud to be parents, something they had discussed throughout the pregnancy. How they would raise her to be, would they actually want her to go to their nursery? But they just loved holding her.

"She's so ditty..." Charlotte smiled and softly took Mabel from Maeve's arms so Mia could help her to the toilet. "Easy baby, that's it tiny steps you don't want to hurt yourself" Mia leads Maeve to the bathroom and they hear Charlotte cooing Mabel to soothe her down. "Oh Mabel... shhh it's okay.. mummy and mimi will be back soon. Mama is here...shhhh that's a good girl" Charlotte rubs her back as she's on charlottes chest. "It'll be okay baby..." she coos.

As they all come back into the hospital bed, they all enjoy the new life of their daughter, watching her peacefully sleeping on their chests.
——
She hadn't even realised that Mia was calling her name until she looked up at her, "huh?" Maeve mumbled never letting go of Mia's waist, nuzzling closer into Mia's chest, "I was telling you that char is downstairs making us hot drinks~ and that I need to go to the toilet-" "No....don't leave" Maeve sniffled and cuddled closer. Ever since yesterday and Mabel's death, Maeve had become more clingy and persistent to not be alone.

Now and again she would think it was stupid that she did this, however with her mental health at the moment she wouldn't know what she would possibly do if she was alone.

"Oh sweetheart it's okay..how about I stay here and we cuddle?" Mia smiles and brings Maeve closer to her, basically sat up at this moment watching the tv. "What were you thinking about earlier?" Mia put her hand on Maeve's hip, Charlotte now opening the door and bringing them their drinks. "Morning my loves" she sits on the bed and listens to them talk, "I had a dream with what happened if she lived....and char was trying to soothe Mabel and we were just so happy" she mumbled and they both softly sighed, "Oh baby... we will be happy soon okay? You'll have the chance to be a mother. But for now you matter okay?" Mia tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. Charlotte rubbed her side as well.

It's now around 7pm and they've briefly had some food, they decided not to go out to a pub and instead they're all coming around theirs to have drinks instead, as they're going to be crashing at theirs tonight anyways. Autumn and Winter had promised to supply all the alcohol, this was after all going to be quite a long night and if she had to listen to Marjorie talk about how phenomenal Reece is. Marjorie and Reece promised to bring loads and loads of snacks, making sure Marjorie didn't tamper with them and give people food poisoning.