Chapter 41 - The Many visits

A/N - There most likely will be mentions of mental health and mentions of graveyards in this chapter but will be highlighted with people helping others deal with it. And the lovely characters being lovely!
—————————————————————————
They didn't want anyone to be alone when they were dealing with something, as big as what had hurt their life. They didn't want the three women to feel like they were alone at any point.

So the other members of staff thought it would be best if they took it in turns now and again to visit the three of them, to make sure they're coping. Doing this in and out of hours, Autumn was the main participant of this and would constantly check up on the three throughout the day. No matter what was going on that day.

She had been hauled up in her home and work office for most of her evenings, Maeve would rarely come out unless it was to go home which even at that point she avoided at times. It had only been a month since they lost Mabel and to some it was still unclear if Maeve was dealing with grief well, like the odd parents etc. But to many of the staff, they could see she wasn't coping as well. Even if she lost her daughter a month ago, Maeve never felt like it was something she was allowed to cry at, "Montgomerys never cry... you deserve it" are her mother's words haunting her as she sat in her office, typing away on her computer.

The weather never reflected her mood anymore, how could it reflect her sadness? She thought

But they had buried their Mabel a few weeks ago, a private and small funeral they had. They wanted her to be at rest and peace... is what she thought would have happened, her phone rang in the office, interrupting her work.

"Hello?.. Maeve speaking how can I help you?" She softly spoke, unlike how she used to speak with such confidence, "Is this the mother of Mabel Iri-" she cuts the operator off, "who is speaking please?..." pain shrilled through her voice as her became defensive that they could speak her daughters name, "Sorry, it's the local cemetery. Angela White speaking. It was regarding your daughter's grave site...." She carefully repeated back, Angela had helped when she lost her son Elias.

Visit 1: Sorscha Visits.
This morning' was my time to check up and visit Maeve today, I had already talked to Charlie today so I had made sure she was doing alright too, as I stepped into her office though she was on her phone, engrossed in a call.

"What do you mean they vandalised-" I hear her groan and I let myself in and sit on the sofa, she softly smiles at me before mouthing, 'give me a min' as she returns back to her call. Her facial expression turns as she listens to the muffled voices on the other side of the phone. "They destroyed....the whole thing?......yes I'll have to come there in a few hours as I'm in work.." I watch as Maeve rubs the back of her head, it'll have to be something I message the group chat later about. After a few minutes of them talking I watch as she hangs up her phone as turns to me.

Her smile slowly comes back, "Hiya Sorscha you alright?" I don't know why but I'm feeling so God damn nervous, "Grand thanks..just checking in to see how you're doing. What was the call about?" I half smile to her, something ain't right.

Then her eyes fall on the photo of Baby Mabel on her desk, something's truly wrong. "Well...that was the like graveyard management. It turns out some kids vandalised Mabel's grave and started digging holes around it." She lets out a frustrated sigh and gets up putting documents in places.

"Oh god..." I mumble and look at her, "how are ya holding up from that?.." I watch as the cogs turn in her head, "I'm... fine...." She half whispers not convincing either of us that she is fine, I don't even think she's convinced herself. "You know we are all here for you..however you need us..we will always be here" I stood up and rested my hand on her shoulder, "It'll get better..." I smile as I walk out before stopping, turning on my heals.