Chapter 27 - The Aftermath

⚠️Trigger warning: This will have moments of flashbacks to the assault and thoughts about whether it was meant to be. Mentions of struggling to speak up will come into this chapter as well. And mentions of hospitals.
—————————————————————————
As Maeve sits slump against the tree trying to provide stability for herself, she starts to feel her eyes go heavy.. "no please...." She mutters barely audible. Her breathing is unsteady and her lack of breath becomes minute, "not long....now" she shudders slowly slouching sideways feeling her eyes flutter like moths wings, closing her eyes.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
As Autumn is driving around the whole neighbourhood in her car with many thoughts racking her brain, 'was she hurt?, why was she gone?, who had her?' As she starts to think more and more, driving through flutters of street lamp lights. She gets more concerned as the time goes.

Her knuckles clasp white as she hurriedly drives trying to find Maeve, she slowly started to loose hope this time to find Maeve. Until her headlight shone over a tree, with a curled figure down it.

"Maeve?" Autumn looks in her car, desperation hanging thick over her words. Autumn rushes out her car grabbing her phone to use as a flashlight.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
She couldn't feel, she couldn't breathe and she could barely open her eyes with the swelling. Yet she wanted to open her tear glued eyes as she hears someone call out her name.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Autumn hurried closer to the figure, it was still dark outside and it would have been impossible to make out injuries but with the help of a flashlight, she could make out everything. The familiar white blouse now torn and soiled with red, left the chest exposed with bruises and blood dried on it all over. The burgundy skirt was discarded to the floor beside her, revealing the soiled legs with red and white smeared over them and rough handprints scattered across her thighs. Autumn's eyes then trailed further down to the swollen ankle left exposed shining with dull blue and purple bruises. Then Autumn looked straight up slowly and hesitantly walking over to the figure: she lifts gently the figures head. Swollen, her eyes were swollen, she had blood trailing from her nose to chin.

Widening her eyes she gasps, still holding her head steady, "Oh... oh Maeve.." Autumn's chest rose up and down staring ahead at her best friend's vulnerable state. "Maeve...Maeve.." Autumn again called out wanting a reply to
escape her, nothing. No reply. No movement.

She quickly wandered to Maeve's exposed chest and noticed the slow rising of her chest.
"Don't you die on me Maeve..! You can't give up now, so many people need you!" Her voice sounded coarse, which had hardly been seen by other people she knew, she can't loose Maeve. She took her jumper off and led her down on the grass, away from the tree and called 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" The dispatcher called out in a monotone voice. "Help please! I found my friend, Maeve and she's injured quite bad I-I don't know what happened..." Autumn's voice goes small as she then does what the dispatcher advises and tells them her location.

"Help will be come, don't you give up Maeve.."
Autumn sniffles and strokes Maeve's her damp bloodied hair.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Maeve could hear it all. Autumn...., She had found her? Maeve so badly wanted to hang on tightly for everyone but her eyes felt heavy again, she felt more tired.
Why would anyone want her anyways...she's weak, a man was able to take advantage of her and broke her. Broke her purity, her innocence.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •