Chapter 16 - Maeve Struggles

⚠️Disclaimer: This chapter will be centralised around Maeve's flashbacks and will contain some degrees of different types of violence.
This is to help spread awareness to individuals who struggle with this and go through reliving these experiences and trauma.
————————————————————————
She felt dirty, she felt violated again.

Maeve didn't ever think that she would have to re hash her own past then and there in the present day. Her body gave in on itself and crumbled, as she walked out of the bathroom with small mascara tear streaks down her cheeks, grabbing her blouse to try and keep any dignity that she even had left at this moment in time.

As she walked over to the table, the silence was deafening as her ears filled with static the slowly coaxing Nick's voice and his harmful insults and words into her mind. "Let me fix what's wrong with you" , "You're only a toy I can use what will you do when no one loves you anymore?" , "When I mount you here and then I want to know who you belong to" as the remarks kept coming, Maeve's mind became more clouded stood next to the booth barrier she slipped into a flashback.
————————————————————————-
Flashback 1:
It was just the usual night, Nick had turned in for the night and made the mandatory decision that Maeve would have to turn in as well.

Tonight he had used her....in more ways that she started to think fiancés should treat their other. Like a rag doll she was like tonight, he threw her around, he ripped her insides out, he battered her more inhumane than the last.
Blood splintered up the walls, into the carpet and around Maeve as he three again and again various punches and kicks. It hurts...and she can't breathe. Maeve can't breathe..

Nick had Caught her, as he eyed up Maeve he forced himself within her personal space. Coming closer and closer to her face, intimidating her like a primal predator. He pounced. Roughly kissing her, pushing her against the splattered walls. He tried to force her to look at him, as he sharply turns her head around but fear grew stronger in her eyes as she cried and cried.
She held her head in her arms, slowly shrivelling into her own body as blood trickles down her thighs and head. The never ending struggle.

As the warmth of the blood trickling between her thighs grew closer and warmer she slowly faded out of the flashback and she opens her eyes, still feeling the blood trickle down her.
————————————————————————
Maeve's POV:
As the warmth suddenly envelops me and the ability to breath slowly crawls back down my throat, my breath become stagnant as I try to re familiarise myself with were I am.

"Mae? Are you alright?" Autumn's face curls and she looked beyond Winter and instantly notices my now small body language and demeanour.
Autumn moves past Winter and now stands next to me reaching for my hand, "Maeve what happened?" She lets out a painful gasp for air. Normally I would have rushed into her arms and accepted her embrace, but I couldn't. Nick's lingering touch weighed me down.

I flinch and step back at her hand coming forward, "No....... I-I don't want to be t-touched." I mutter in fear looking Autumn dead in the eyes.
My body mouths 'I'm so so sorry' but nothing comes out of it. Not a single syllable.
I felt everyone else's eyes land on mine, Mia's trying to search for where Nick was. She knew he had something for destroying her sweetheart.
"Where do you want to go? Who do you want.?" Autumn softly asks taking a step back, "..home.. Mia and Char....." I mutter trying to not close my eyes otherwise I see images I don't want to see. Autumn looks over to them and she nods softly turning to me. "They just need to sort something out a minute so how about I walk you to the car so you aren't alone?" She lets out a raw smile and I nod, slowly walking with Autumn of the bar and  we sit in the car talking, mainly Autumn.