Rise and Shine

Her eyes shot up when the sound of the car exhaust rang through her ears. It's been 2 weeks since the entrance exam and without fail f/n would be the first to scavenge through her mailbox waiting for a special letter. It wasn't because she was afraid of the outcome, but for what her brother and father would think when they found out she applied to UA.

She unlocked the silver mailbox and took out the stack of papers. Carefully flipping through them all, reading the corner to see who it was addressed to.

Oda, Oda, Hayato, Oda, Hayato, f/n.

The bold letter of UA was in the very middle of the white envelope. She hastily sped back to the house, throwing the rest of the letters onto the kitchen island scattered and went up the stairs.

When closing the door, f/n locked it to ensure privacy from prying eyes. Then she set the letter neatly on her desk while taking a seat.

Using a pencil that laid off to the corner, she used it to rip open the red wax seal. Examining the contents inside, she found a small gray disk and a sheet of paper. Taking the disk out first she set it on her teak wood desk. All of a sudden, a projection of All Might took up her view. She was surprised by his flamboyant presence and his loud voice that probably sent vibrations all throughout the house. Oh, how she hoped that her family wouldn't hear him.

She continued to watch All Might's announcement, he blabbed about how he was not just here to put away criminals but to teach the students of UA High School – the Number 1 hero teaching? He was then cut off by a hand off screen seemingly telling All Might to get on with the program.

Clearing his voice he pointed his hands to the screen that showed the emblem of UA. The screen then disappeared to a video of f/n fighting off the three robots. The video ended just when the f/n smashed the three robots into each other.

"As you can see young l/n, you have shown quite remarkable young talent as far as offensive talent goes." He began hacking up a nasty cough before he continued. "But being a hero is not just being strong, but protecting the innocent! That is why we have RESCUE POINTS! You young l/n, have impressed the panel of judges who watched your performance and believes you can become an exceptional pro hero! I am pleased to announce that you have earned 59 villain points and 10 rescue points! This means you have passed! Welcome, future hero!"

The video faded to black and disintegrated back into the gray disk. She didn't even realize how her knee was violently shaking, how her palms were sweaty, how she was holding her breath the entire time, and how she was quite literally on the edge of her seat.

She did it. She passed the entrance exams.

As f/n got up and fell onto her bed, she relaxed her breathing to process what just happened. After a while, she rose from her position and went back to her desk to investigate the mysterious white sheet of paper that came with her acceptance video.

Unfolding the paper she carefully read through the contents. As it turns out, this was the planning page for her hero suit. The letter told her to carefully design how she would like her suit to be made and any special add-ons that would help her quirk to perform at its highest.

The girl pulled out her drawer revealing a beat up black pencil case that has gone through the years. Taking out a multitude of markers and pens, the now hero student began to conjure up her hero suit. Wanting easy access to release her dragons, she made the decision to wear a sleeveless maroon compression shirt paired with baggy black nikkapokka pants. She made sure to include a utility belt adding a key on the side to what she would like in the belt.

-

It was now the night before the first day of school. F/n's bag was all packed, her uniform was freshly pressed, and her lunch was chilling in the fridge. Yet somehow, despite living in the same house, both Oda and Hayato were oblivious to the fact that f/n (who hadn't shown any interest in becoming a hero) now was about to attend the best high school for future heroes.

It was now the next morning. Waking up at 5:00 AM to get in her morning run was now normal for her. When she came back, she quickly took a shower and changed into her new school uniform. Making any final arrangements, she glanced at herself in the mirror ensuring she was presentable for the first day. Taking her bag and slinging it on her shoulder, f/n stepped foot out her room and descended down the stairs.

Eyes widened in shock when she entered the kitchen. Oda's face looked astonished when he saw his only daughter wearing the same uniform his wife once wore back when they first met. He always knew f/n share a striking similarity to his late wife, but after seeing her in the UA uniform he believed that he couldn't differentiate the two if they were to stand side-by-side. Whereas Hayato's jaw dropped to the floor not even bothering to finish the food in his mouth.

"Is that a UA uniform?" Oda questioned, setting his newspaper and coffee down.

"Yea." f/n took a seat and began to fill her plate with some fruit and pancakes.

"Are you like in the support hero course?" Oda pushed, wondering why in the world his daughter would ever apply to UA.

"No. Hero course." She replied briefly, slicing up her pancakes in the process.

"HERO COURSE? YOU'RE BECOMING A HERO?" Hayato, who had now swallowed his food, yelled slamming his hands onto the island causing the porcelain plates to rattle. "SINCE WHEN DID YOU SHOW INTEREST IN BECOMING A HERO?"

"Gosh, it's 7 in the morning," f/n interrupted, covering Hayato's mouth with her hand and stuffing a pancake in it. "I didn't know what else to do, so I just put down UA and look, here we are." It wasn't a total lie, but she didn't want to tell him how she overheard his pleas to their mother.

"Are you sure you want to do this honey?" Oda knew his daughter and her quirk was strong, but he couldn't help but worry that she would end up in a similar situation as her mother and he didn't know if he could handle that loss again. "It's dangerous work you know."

"Don't worry dad, I know what I'm getting myself into." She said finally looking up to meet her family in the eyes, "I want to do this."

After that, breakfast was mainly silent with the small clatter of the utensils and Oda flipping his newspaper. Once f/n finished her meal, she took her dirty plate to the sink and bid farewell to her family. Tightening her shoes, she unlocked the door and made her way to the train station. Hayato still looked stunned as he watched his sister close the gate of their house.

"Maybe, maybe I should go to a quirk doctor. Am I hallucinating? Yeah, yeah that's it..."