9 to 5

Get up.

Wash face.

Get dressed.

Train.

Eat breakfast.

Train.

Eat lunch.

Train.

Eat dinner.

Train.

Take a shower.

Go to bed.

It was a rinse-and-repeat process. From sunrise to sunset, f/n worked. It felt like a dreadful 9 to 5 without the golden ticket that was a paycheck at the end of every week. What was worse was trying to hide her secret practice. Dad usually leaves before 10:00 AM so it was easy being out of the house without him noticing. Hayato was a slightly smaller problem. He tends to leave for work at noon and come back at 8:00 PM. This really wasn't that big of a deal if it weren't for the fact he almost always says good morning to f/n and Hokori.

'This is so stupid' she thought to herself tucking the pillow into bed. 'He'll never believe this.' The bright-minded young girl decided to take a scene out of a movie and create a body-like silhouette using her pillows, hoping that Hayato wouldn't nudge the log that was on her bed.

Taking a chunk of hay, f/n arranges Hokori to ensure that he will be set for the day. Carefully opening and closing the door. She tiptoed down the hall. Lightly stepped down the staircase, making sure to skip the squeaky steps. Thankfully after reaching the final step, she didn't have to worry about disturbing anybody. Grabbing a nutrition bar from the pantry for a quick energy boost, she turned to grab her running shoes.

The cool sensation of the grass felt amazing after that one mile run. A minute went by till the inexperienced trainee shot up, scrabbling to get up from her previous position, choosing instead to stretch out her arms. She relaxed her eyes shut to better concentrate on the task at hand.

"Deep breath in. Relax your muscles." Words her mother once told her all those years ago. "It will be more painful if you're all tense like that." Her voice bounced between her left and right ear as she circled the much shorter girl.

The pain was small at first. Black smoke began to peel off her shoulder. But as the smoke grew in size, the image of the dragon on her right shoulder disappeared leaving behind a red rash in a perfect outline of what once lay, and the pain grew. Beads of sweat dripped down onto her shirt which was already soaked from the run. She was nearly there when she just had to take a break, the pain was unbearable at this point. She never liked this pain so she never activated her quirk. The last time she remembered using her power was when her mother was still training her.

A final push finally allowed the smoke dragon to fully appear. The black smog now taking the shape of her tattoo. Wiping the excess sweat from her forehead she concentrated on effectively moving the sentient being.

It was rocky at first, like a kid trying to ride their first bike with no training wheels. 'It's nearly impossible to control just one of these things, how the hell does anyone expect for me to move two?!"

"It will hurt right now. But that's how you know you are growing, bodybuilders break their muscles exercising because it allows their muscles to grow stronger when they heal. They might be sore for the next few days, but those hours of hard work will pay off. So keep at it, ok?" A soothing voice spoke, gently caressing the top of the little girl's head who quietly sobbed about the pain she felt on her arms.

-

It's been 10 months since she started her training. In those months she strengthened her biceps to lessen the pain of releasing her dragons. She worked on her core to have better control as well. She even got to the point where she could discharge both her creatures and control them to a radius of at least 15 feet.

She continued on with her morning jogs. Every month she grew the distance to improve her stamina. In that time she took notice of the garbage-ridden beach that had accumulated all the rubbish over the past few years. Before the passing of her mother, the pro hero would set up clean up parties since the ocean currents would dump any garbage onto the coastline. However, without her here, residents began using the beach as an excuse to illegally dump their garbage.

Over the past few months, the girl took notice of the decreasing amount of litter but could never spot the unnamed hero behind it. Maybe it was a follower of her mother. Or just citizens wanting their beautiful beach back.

The day came for the entrance exams of UA High School. She bid her oblivious brother and dad goodbye as she began her commute to the gates.

-

Upon entering, she quickly noticed Bakugo and Midoriya up ahead. She slowed her pace to ensure that she had no reason to talk to either of the two. Cringing when she noticed Midoriya nearly fell on his face, f/n noticed a familiar face. Midoriya survived with the help of Uraraka, the same girl she met at the market. A surprised look appeared on her face as f/n continued up the steps of UA's entrance.

Before entering the interior of the large building, f/n waited for the two past classmates to head inside first before trailing behind, masking herself by throwing up her hood.

-

The huge screen flashes blue and the voice of Present Mic gathers the attention of all the "spirited" children sitting in the audience. Most felt bad for the guy as he tried to do some crowd interaction only to be met with deadly silence. He explained the point system of each machine and wished them all the best. Then out of nowhere, an uptight student with blue hair wearing a uniform from a prestigious middle school shot up from his seat. He mentioned something regarding the fact that there are four robots on the handout but only heard three. As it turns out, there was a robot worth zero points only there to throw examinees off.

After that sad introduction, f/n followed the rest of the tense students toward their respective testing areas.

Now f/n stood in front of the ginormous brown gates. She took notice of all the worry warts taking deep breaths, students stretching out their bodies, and others conversing with their peers. Their focus was taken away when they heard the powerful voice of the pro hero Midnight.

"Are all of you cuties ready to start? Well, I'll not delay it any further..."

"Three."

"Two~"

"One!"

Accompanied by a huge rumble, the gates opened to an urban city. With that, the students charged forward, clawing their way to become heroes in training.

--

Chapter 4.5 - Edgelord Chronicles:

"Did f/n ever tell you where she was applying?" Oda questioned settling his half-drunk cup of coffee on the counter.

"Um, Dad, I thought she told you?" A dazed Hayato asked, grabbing the milk from the fridge, his hair shooting in all directions except down. "I just know that she's wanting to apply to a school close to here."

"Ah, I see," Looking back down to his newspaper he reads a section regarding Midnight saving the day once more. "Imagine if she were to become a hero like her mother and aunt."

"Haha, the day that happens will be the same day I find myself having a quirk."

"You never know kid, me and your mother thought you were going to be a girl oh those years ago."

"If that happens you can make my next tat." Hayato jabbed, grabbing some grass that was in the fridge. "I'mma go give Edgelord some food before I go, bye Dad."

"See you later, have a good day son."