Make Your Mark

The sixth match was Tokoyami versus Yaoyorozu, although it was the first match f/n was going to watch closely. Either of these two students would end up being her next battle. While she lost the chance to see the others battle, the time spent learning from her mom was not wasted. With Midnight announcing the start of the battle, she paid close attention to how Tokoyami was attacking. Yaoyorozu spent some time creating a shield, blocking Dark Shadow's attacks as ordered by Tokoyami. However, the match ended quickly as she was pushed out of bounds.

So I should avoid putting up a total defense against him, else I won't get the opportunity to fight back. I need to be in full control from the very start of the match. Struggle and hesitance will only drag out the match.

After watching the next few matches, the second round was already underway. The first match of Midoriya and Todoroki certainly raised a few eyes as many tried to hide from the debris blasting from the powerful attacks. Iida, and then a girl named Shiozaki from 1-B was also an interesting match. f/n carefully followed the movements of each person in every battle. Eventually, it was very easy to see who would win just by their expression and first move.

It wasn't a surprise to see that the following matches in the second round were much more intriguing to watch for most of the audience. Many of the remaining students displayed a huge amount of firepower and determination reflected in their battles. Not a long time passed before it was finally time for f/n's second match.

-

Nearly rounding the corner, f/n felt her palms growing clammy. The cheers of the crowd got louder with every step she took until she was fully out of the tunnel's shadow. In front of her was Tokoyami who gave her a slight nod.

"Even though I would consider you an acquaintance, I will not hold back l/n." He spoke, a formal tone carrying his words.

His opponent shrugged as she reached the end of her boundary, staring into his eyes. "I wouldn't expect anything less."

"Would you look at that folks!? We certainly have quite the civil match-up today! But we're here to see some ruthless battles! Let's get this started already!!!" Present Mic screamed into his microphone before Aizawa muted him with a loud sigh that awkwardly echoed in the stadium.

As soon as Midnight gave the signal, f/n made quick work of sprinting towards Tokoyami as he released Dark Shadow. The shadow immediately extended outwards, planning on landing an attack on f/n's upper body before she shielded it with her arms covered in dense, solidified smoke. Just before Dark Shadow could reel back to land another hit on her, she released her dragons, smaller than what was used on Aoyama, but larger than her previous demonstrations in class.

"Eek! Fumikage, these dark thingies don't have a wondrous personality like me! They're soulless!!" Dark Shadow exclaimed as he tried finding a open place to attack f/n.

"It's just smoke after all." f/n muttered as she dodged a few lunges before slamming a huge crater right next to where Tokoyami was just at.

"JUST 'SMOKE'???" Dark Shadow questioned. It wasn't long before f/n was able to push Tokoyami near the edge of the boundary followed by some excitable commentary. However, just as he was about to step out, a powerful swing came towards f/n while she was attempting to grapple Tokoyami out of bounds.

"Fumikage! Don't worry, I got your back!" The shadow encouraged as he kept on pushing relentless attacks onto f/n. Her forearms were soon covered by bruises and scratches due to the amount of hits she tanked from Dark Shadow. It was only after she was knocked to the ground when she remembered something just after the one-on-one matches were announced.

'Just like how I can't live without Fumikage, I bet he would struggle without you!'

That's right, of course living with someone who's attached to you would cause you to have a strong bond. Remaining oblivious to the second part of Dark Shadow's statement, f/n quickly looked back on the videos she watched of her mother. It was the same idea she thought of during Tokoyami's first match. To separate Dark Shadow and Tokoyami...if that was even possible.