Dumb and Dumber

Damn. Opening the fridge only brought disappointment. f/n sighed as there was no food left, a sad sight to see after an uneventful day at school.

"What are we going to eat tonight? This is such a pain." f/n sighed and turned around to her bag that was lazily dropped to the floor. She reached for the main pocket and took out her wallet.

Reluctantly, f/n dragged her feet to her room to change her school uniform into more casual clothes. "Looks like I have to go shopping again."

-

On the way to the market, f/n thought to stop by the tattoo parlor nearby. Hidden away in a suspicious alleyway adorned by old posters of indie bands and tacky advertisements, she reached out for the bright red handle of the door. Welcomed by the sound of a chime, the sound alerted customers of a new arrival.

Quickly, a taller, heavily tattooed figure pounced on f/n with his hands resting on her shoulders. "Yo! Sis, whatcha doing here?" His carefree grin revealed itself on his face as f/n struggled to shoo off his hands while puzzled customers began to stare at the siblings.

"I just wanted to ask what you wanted me to buy..." f/n whispered under her breath as her eyebrows furrowed together and her ears began to redden in embarrassment.

Her brother, Hayato, bursted into uncontrollable laughter. "Ahahaha! Are you embarrassed of me? This is my shop, so I can do whatever I want, even if that means teasing my little sister!"

"Just tell me what you want already!"

"Ok, ok, let me write it down for you."

-

After receiving a short list of some items, f/n immediately dashed out of the parlor with the chime once again ringing. Only a few blocks away from the parlor was the main shopping street in her neighborhood. It was only slightly more busy than usual due to it being the rush hour with salarymen hurrying back home and students congregating in groups.

f/n expertly navigated through the bustling crowd and stood over a few rows of produce. Picking up some bok choy, she meticulously examined the best looking veggie for tonight's dinner. Noticing some wilted leaves she sets the stalk back down onto the table.

"I recommend this one!" f/n sees from the corner of her eye a fresh, crisp, green bok. Her eyes followed the arm that held onto the vegetable with her eyes locked onto a browned-eyed girl with rosy pink cheeks.

f/n bluntly spoke, "Thanks for that." She takes the bok choy from the girl's hand and unzips her wallet while calling over the store clerk.

"Of course, happy to help!" She chirped as she examined all the other fruits and vegetables on the counter. "I'm Ochaco Uraraka, what's your name?" Uraraka's eyes left f/n's, opting to take note of the two tattoos that peaked out from the sleeves of her shirt. It wasn't uncommon for prying eyes to stare at her tattoos. f/n especially felt it when going out on walks with her brother.

"f/n l/n," she said before briskly turning to walk to another vendor.

"Uh, wait!" Uraraka yelled as she trotted behind her. "I just wanted to say your tattoos are pretty cool, you seem a little young to get them though, are they a part of your quirk?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"That's so cool! My quirk allows me to nullify the effect of gravity on objects," she says, taking a closer look at her hands and showing off the pads of her fingertips. "Though it does give me quite a stomach if I'm using it too strenuously."

"Interesting..." f/n muttered as Uraraka sweatdropped at the dry replies.

Nonetheless, the brunette carried on with their mostly one-sided conversation until it ultimately got too awkward to continue. When the sun was nearing its descent behind the skyscrapers, Uraraka waved goodbye with one of her hands gripping on the few shopping bags she had.

"It was so much fun hanging out with you today l/n!" She smiled, slipping her pink flip phone into one of her heavy shopping bags.

"Thanks for accompanying me.." She rearranges the bags onto her shoulder for easier transportation, desperately wanting to return home. "Get hom-"

"VILLAIN! EVERYBODY RUN!" A voice howled. They turned around to see some black sludge, fire engulfing the shopping booths around it. f/n grabbed Uraraka's hand as they ran as far as they could, disregarding anything that would add extra weight. The girls stood back waiting for the heroes to rush in and extinguish the villain.

Then, the loud yell of Death Arms took their attention away for just a moment as they witnessed him send a powerful punch into the sludge. However, instead of knocking the fiend back, the villain merely engulfed Death Arms's fists into his own body while swiftly throwing the hero onto the wall. In that brief movement, people began to notice the tuft of hair peeking through the sludge and an outfit that reminded some of a middle school uniform.

The middle schooler attempted to pull out of the beast, yelling something about how he wouldn't back down. A better look at his face made l/n realize that this victim was none other than Bakugo from her class. Despite being academically smart, he wasn't that strong when it came to common sense as displayed by the useless furry of explosions from his hands. More flames spewed out with more pedestrians backed away in fear. As the scene started to look more serious, police came in as a sort of human fence to prevent more people from getting in the way. Others also began to duck as burning debris descended from buildings' exteriors.

The ground continued to shake as Mt. Lady came running through the streets. Cheers erupting from the crowd as they commented on how this new hero would prevail and beat this new monster. However, as the name implied, Mt. Lady was too large to fit through the alley and assist the others.

"Where's All Might?" One voice questioned.

"Dang, can't these heroes do anything? At least get that kid out of there!" Another spat.

They all stood there awaiting the arrival of another hero who could relieve the situation. A push rippled through the crowd making f/n push into Uraraka and other curious viewers. With tensions rising, a new head of green pushed through the police barrier and bolted toward Bakugou.

"Midoriya?!"

What the hell does he think he's going to do? If pro heroes can't even make a dent with this guy, what can some middle schooler who doesn't even have a quirk do? Why even bother helping when the victim is the same guy who just told you to go off yourself?

Midoriya's meek attempt at a rescue mission came to an abrupt stop when All Might jumped down. Reeling his arm back, he sent his fist straight into the creature. But unlike Death Arms, All Might's attack sent the villain flying. A huge wind followed suit as heroes used their bodies to protect bystanders from suffering the same faith as the villain.

When the crowd died down, Uraraka walked to where they dropped their groceries wanting to salvage anything she possibly could. However, with a surprised expression, she noticed f/n's products were already gone.

Quickly turning around, Uraraka was about to call out for f/n when she saw that the girl was no longer standing where she once was.

"Did she leave already? Maybe that villain scared her..."

-

"That guy is pissing me off." f/n grumbled as she tightened her grip on her shopping bags which were charred at the edges. Thinking back to the terrified yet determined expression of Midoriya only made f/n's eyebrows furrow deeper if that was possible.

Would I ever find something that I so desperately want to do?