Brother is Being a Bother.

"Y-You saw what?! My dear little sister saw a villain in person?!?!" Hayato palely exclaimed while halting his petting of Hokori.

"It was handled by All Might and I'm fine. Knock off the reaction."

The tattooed male rapidly shook his head back and forth while placing Hokori back into his cage. "No, no, no! I must take you to the hospital and–!"

Hayato was then promptly shut up by f/n grabbing his ear and shoving him into a chair. "Just eat, I'm tired enough already." Today's meal was karaage with a shredded cabbage salad. f/n then sat at the other side of the dining table as she set out the dinner with a deep sigh.

Cautiously, Hayato murmured, "As if you aren't always tired...it's ok to let loose a little," before stuffing his face with the golden deep-fried chicken. He then continued after swallowing, "You're a teenager after all!"

As the two siblings continued their quiet dining, another topic came to attention. "Hey f/n, what highschool are you aiming for? You're real bright, so I bet you can get into those fancy-schmancy private schools!"

"Maybe just anything close by. I don't wanna commute far."

"Ehhh, dream bigger!"

-

After clearing up the table, f/n finished up the dishes and started to head back to her room before passing by her late mother's altar. Hiding behind the doorway, she began to overhear Hayato's whispers as he offered food to their mother.

"Hey, Mom, I hope you're doing ok. We are doing our best here, but sometimes..." A few faint sniffles could be heard if f/n payed close enough attention. "I have these thoughts. I think that...if only I was stronger, if I had a quirk, then maybe I could've saved you."

Hayato then sat up straighter with his hands resting on his thighs as he kneeled. "If I had a quirk, I would've become a hero no matter what, like you."

f/n stared into the wall opposite of the doorway's opening after hearing those words. Everyone has something that they want. Why don't I?

Her thoughts were cut off as she began to hear the rustling of fabric. She was about to flee from the hallway before she heard the sound of quiet cries.

"Damn it all. I miss you." Ah.

She's never seen him cry before.

f/n clutched her hands into fists as she quickly dismissed herself while making sure her steps were silent. An unfamiliar expression appeared on her face, one filled with drive.

I don't wanna see it again.

-

Graduation from Aldera Junior High School was supposed to approach smoothly before this day. As the number of days before the ceremony was dwindling, the school intercom unexpectedly rang, "f/n l/n, please report to the faculty room."

What now? An annoyed expression made an appearance on f/n's face as she got up from her desk, putting down her small novel on the table at the same time. Only a few people were in the room but she could still sense how they put on sly smirks.

"Do you think she's in trouble?"

"Haha, maybe!"

As f/n brushed off the taunting voices in her head, she made her way towards the faculty room down the hall. Before reaching for the ridge to slide the door open, she made sure to alert everyone of her presence.

She began, "Excuse me," in a polite tone. f/n then looked up to see her homeroom teacher waving her over.

"Hmm l/n, I'm curious, your desired choice for high school seems too out of character. Don't you think?" f/n hummed in response, awkwardly shifting her feet under her teacher's puzzled stare.