Final Exam

The three day written exam went by in a flash. Thankfully l/n studied rigorously and didn't find the questions too mind numbing. The practical exam was up next, and the students sat mindlessly on the bus waiting to arrive at the Center Plaza. With the thought of the test being robots, the class of 1-A didn't even break a sweat on the way there. That was until they noticed some of the UA teachers greeting them right outside.

"Now then, let's begin the last test." Aizawa announced. "Remember it is possible to fail this test. So if you want to go to camp, don't make any stupid mistakes."

"Uh, why are all the teachers here?" Jiro asked.

Answering her question Aizawa continued, "I assumed many of you overheard that the following year's test was fighting against robots." Just then, Principal Nezu popped out of Aizawa's scarf and shimmied his way down.

"This year's test will be completely different from all the others!" He chirped, raising his paw up in triumph. "The tests now have a new focus. Of course still revolving around hero work but also teamwork and combat between actual people. This means you will be working in pairs fighting against one of our esteemed teachers!"

Aizawa then proceeded to list off the pairs and the teacher that they would have to battle against, when to no one's surprise, Iida raised his hand to input a concern. "Excuse me, Principal Nezu, how do you account for the extra student? You only have ten teachers, will there be a group of three? If so, how is this fair to all the other students who don't get to have an extra person?"

"Not a problem Iida! We actually came prepared for that!" Just then a huge gust of wind came from up above. Descending was the number three hero, Hawks, flashing a cocky smile that reminded l/n of Airy. "Meet the number three hero Hawks! Who has most graciously opened up his busy schedule to assist in this year's exam."

"Yo!" He simply introduced. "I can't wait to fight against one of you."

A few days prior to the exam...

"So, what are we going to do with the extra student?" Thirteen asked, looking over the twenty one files on their desk. "Who would we choose and who would be their rival?"

"Not to worry! I have already contacted some Pro Heros and Hawks had offered to fill that role." Grinned Nezu, taking another sip of his tea.

"And I'm having l/n fight against him. She struggles with her speed and chooses to take things slow. Though it has some positives, in an actual villain situation, I doubt she would have enough time to think about her attack before she or someone else gets injured. Not only that, she relies heavily on her dragons which still take quite some time to be released from her arms. I'm hoping that by fighting Hawks, she'll learn that she needs to fix that problem before it gets worse."

"l/n, you will be the one to fight Hawks." Aizawa declared. "You'll have thirty minutes to either handcuff your opponent or escape the compound. And as a handicap for you all, all the teachers will be wearing compressed weights, that when worn, equates to half their body mass. Though not a lot, it will drain a lot of our stamina and strength. Now you have the choice to either watch in the monitor room or plan with your partner."

I'm screwed.

Seeing as though l/n had no partner she chose to follow the first option and watch the fights. Walking in, she saw both Ochako and Midoriya conversing with Recovery Girl. The first pair up was Kirishima and Sato against Cementoss. Once the countdown was finished, the two students raced to meet the hero and began thrusting punch after punch to knock down his walls. On the other hand, Midoriya was able to register quickly that his classmates were doomed to fail with their impending time limit and lack of complex strategy.