No Holding Back

After Bakugou pushed f/n against the wall, she finally realized that they were now eavesdropping on Midoriya and Todoroki's conversation.

"I was overwhelmed, and it made me break the promise I made to myself a long time ago. In the moment, no one else but me felt your true power. It reminded me of All Might's quirk." Todoroki asserted.

"Oh...yeah, is that all?" Midoriya worriedly mumbled.

"I'm saying...Are you really All Might's secret love child or something?"

WHAT??!

f/n started to snicker in the dark corner as Bakugou struggled to keep a strong hold on her while concealing her laughter.

Bakugou whisper-yelled in her ear, "Shut up!"

"So, are you?" Todoroki asked again as Midoriya denied it profusely.

Todoroki glanced down at the floor while he continued the conversation, "You probably know my father is Endeavor, the number two hero. And if you're someone connected to the number one hero, then I have all the more reason to beat you." The boy then proceeded to mention how his father wanted to have the number one spot so bad, enough to be involved in a quirk marriage.

"When quirks first started being widespread, there were those who sought out potential mates in order to produce offspring with superior powers. It was unethical, yet my father had plenty of money to buy my mother's quirk. Now...it's so annoying, but I was just made to be a tool for that scumbag. I refuse to be used like that."

"I'm going to win first place without using his damn fire and reject this power." After hearing that statement, f/n turned her head towards Bakugou who was behind her. Seeing his unfamiliar stare confused her as Todoroki's departing footsteps echoed through the tunnel.

It's interesting how everyone here grew up differently and has different reasons to win. Does this make my reason shallow?

f/n pushed Bakugou's grip off her shoulder as she left from a different exit. She sadly looked at the cold food she bought before finishing it all and throwing it into a nearby trash can.

No. The whole purpose of this event is to be on top. Hearing that won't deter me, even if it's selfish...I want to win...for myself.

-

"All right, everyone! It's almost time for the final round!!! But before that, we have some fun side activities prepared for those who may have not made it to the final round!!" Present Mic exclaimed, "We also brought in some cheerleaders from America over there! Wait, what-?!?!!"

"It looks like class 1-A is going full-on fan service!"

While f/n was in the tunnel during lunch time, it seems that Kaminari and Mineta had fooled the other girls into wearing those cheer uniforms. Maybe f/n should thank Bakugou for pulling her aside and preventing the same fate from happening to her...

"Hey l/n, are you going to be participating in the side games before the final round?" Tokoyami inquired behind her as they were standing to the side of the stadium's field.

f/n sighed before replying back, "I don't think so, I want to conserve my energy." Tokoyami nodded quietly in response as they both observed the dejected looking girls.

After a few minutes, it was finally time to announce the match-ups for the one-on-one tournament. The large screen in the stadium flashed brightly with the names of the top four teams displayed. However, before Midnight could begin to draw lots, Ojiro's hand raised up as he announced his withdrawal.

"What, why Ojiro?" Midoriya asked as soon as he heard his request.

The tailed boy frowned before responding that it was a matter of his pride. He didn't feel like he deserved this place. Another student from class 1-B also spoke up with the same reasoning.