Nine - The Soph Opera

Soon enough, it was time for graduation and I couldn't be happier at the fact that school was almost over. I was also a little sad because my dad wasn't going to be there when I graduated, but when Miss Reardon told me I was making a speech, I knew he would be proud of me regardless of whether he was there or not.

Feeling hungry, I decided to grab a snack from the kitchen. Finn was trying to find something in the fridge, so I evilly pushed him out of the way. "Hey!" he cried.

I smirked, grabbing a tub of yoghurt from the fridge and sitting down on the barstool. "What are you looking for?" I asked, licking the lid of the tub.

"Cheesecake," he said. "What are you even doing anyway?"

"Oh, just preparing my speech for graduation, not much." I gloated.

He slammed the fridge door shut. "That's not true, Mrs Appleby said I was making the speech."

"No, Miss Reardon told me I was making the speech," I snarled.

"No, I am."

"NO, I AM!"

After multiple rounds of yelling, Ashley walked into the kitchen with her fingers plugging her ears. "You both are!" she yelled, making us silent.

"What?" I asked. This didn't make sense.

"The school asked if you guys finished the speech yet." Ashley explained.

"But I've already written my speech!" I cried, waving the post-it note with my speech, in the air.

Finn yanked the sheet out of my hand and scowled. "'Goodbye' doesn't count as a speech, Sophia." He deadpanned. "Ugh, I don't want to be humiliated tomorrow, so we're going to make a real speech. This belongs in the trash."

After three hours of intense speech writing, unrecognisable words, random quotes and really lame jokes (courtesy of Finn, who apparently had a sense of humour, which was funny because I thought he didn't have one at all), we finally finished the speech.

Okay, so Finn finished the speech.

I didn't bother going over it and reading it like the 'responsible' person I was, so I went and had a nap.

~~~

I fixed my hair and pulled on my graduation gowns as I grabbed my cap and headed out the door with Finn and Ashley. It was finally graduation day and I couldn't wait to leave high school behind me, treasuring the good memories and forgetting about the bad.

Spotting Tori and Vienna in the sea of graduation robes, I ran over to them and we squealed over the fact that we were graduating. By tomorrow, we would be considered as the school's alumni and not as current students, and as much as it scared me, I was so ready to take on UCLA.