Twenty Five - Living Arrangements

"Yes mom. But only just for one night. This does not mean anything. Stop fangirling- ugh, you're so embarrassing."

I rolled my eyes at Finn. He was on the phone to Ashley explaining what had happened and it was as clear as day that she was trying to 'match-make' in every way possible.

After hanging up, he stroked his non-existent beard. "Now, what should I do with you?"

I shrugged. "Don't you have a car? A bike? A boat, even?"

He shot me a saccharine smile. "Ha. Ha. You're hilarious. I clearly don't, otherwise I would've gotten rid of the likes of you a LONG time ago."

I let out a short laugh. "HA! And you expect me to sleep in your apartment for the night?" Then came the wave of complete and utter silence. "Oh. Well then." I said in disbelief. "I guess I don't really have much of a choice."

Finn sniffed loudly and scrunched his nose in disgust. "You smell. Go take a shower."

I shot him a fake smile. "Oh yeah? And what do you expect me to change into?"

"Just...wear some of my old shirts or something." He said, breathing out. Wow. This was going to be pretty cliché.

I scoffed and turned to face away from him. "I'd rather freeze."

"If I send you home cold, Sophia, I'll get shot by my mom. You should know that."

"Fine." I mumbled, heading for the shower.

"Unless you'd like me to change you." Finn added, in a husky voice.

I stiffened, slowly turning to face him with a look of disgust. "N-no! T-that's s-so inappropriate!" He chuckled at the lack of conviction in my voice and threw me a pair of long socks, a pair of sweatpants and...you guessed it...his hoodie. The one he lent me from all those years ago.

And for some reason, it hurt.

Not the physical contact of random garments hitting my face, but the emotional impact it had...it kinda stung at the heart.

And so I sighed, and took a long, warm shower to keep that stupid boy off my mind.

~~~

"Now, is that so bad?" Finn smirked, as I walked out of the bathroom. I looked beyond hideous. His sweats were way too baggy, the socks he gave me were loose as hell and his hoodie felt too weird for me to wear anymore. It lost its sentiment. If it really had any to begin with.

I glared at Finn incredulously. "Shut up, Finnegan. You're absolutely delusional."

He strode closer towards me and looked me dead in the eye. "You look hot."

You look hot.

You look HOT.

YOU look hot.

HE SAID I LOOKED HOT-OH MY DEAR-I CAN'T BREATHE ANYMORE!

"Quit freaking out, I was being sarcastic." Finn said.

Ouch.

Well, I guess you could say that was a sick...burn...am I right? Shut up, self-conscious!

He chuckled. "I should send a picture to your little boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes. "He is NOT little. He's older than you!"

Finn moved even closer towards me, and whispered in my ear, "But I got way further than he ever did. Admit it, you know I kiss way better than he does. A kiss on the cheek? I kissed you for real and it didn't even mean anything."

If I didn't think my heart could break any more, I was terribly wrong. It didn't mean anything to him, I couldn't believe it. It meant everything to me. Finn's face bore an look I couldn't decipher, but I was almost certain that beneath that look was pure malice. Why does he even hate me this much?

I slapped him in the face in sheer annoyance, and he didn't even flinch. His 'burn' still left my hand tingling. "Just shut up, Finn. He's way more mature than you'll ever be." I mumbled.

He shrugged it off. "Whatever, I'm showering now. I'd suggest you join me, but it wouldn't be good for your face. If it got any redder, I would've thought you were a ripe beetroot."

~~~

After texting all the details of what happened, to Vienna and Tori, and explaining that it didn't mean anything at all, Finn finally made it out of the shower. For a guy, he took a very long time.

"You can sleep in my bed, and I'll sleep on the couch." he declared.

I disagreed. "No, I can sleep on the couch, you sleep in your own bed."

Finn raised his eyebrows. "Okay." Wait, what?

"Okay? Okay?! So you're just going to let me sleep on the couch?" I gestured towards the upholstery.

"Your words, not mine."

I yelled. "That's just what people say out of politeness! They don't mean it!"

Finn sighed in defeat. "Ugh, fine, Soph. Just quit being so immature!"

He grabbed some blankets and I couldn't help but feel bad. Finn noticed me biting my lip in dissatisfaction and rolled his eyes.

"I just think...I uh-I just feel bad-"

He yelled. "Holy fucking shit, Sophia! I swear to ALL THE FREAKING GODS, just-ugh, you know what? We'll both sleep in my bed! There! Everyone's fucking happy!"

Finn then proceeded to push my back towards the bedroom and I forced myself against the pressure of his hands.

"It's fine, I'll sleep on the couch." I sighed.

"Sophia Dennings, if you do not sleep at least somewhere in this damn apartment, I WILL kick you out on the street." He threatened.

"Okay then, bed it is." I mumbled, following Finn into his bedroom.

A/N: When you follow someone (particularly when there's sexual tension between both parties) into their bedroom, there are a lot of conclusions that can be drawn...

which will OBVIOUSLY be revealed in the next chapter - lolz i'm funny

I hope you liked this chapter nonetheless - don't forget to give it a vote/comment and give me a follow/some feedback via my inbox! All are ALWAYS welcome!

See you soon!

schoolgirlcrush x