SPECIAL CHAPTER Forty Two - Faults

A/N: A quick shoutout to my new wattpad friend sarangkor3a ! Such a sweetheart! You should definitely go check out her story Love My Bully - it stars my all time fave Korean celebrity Kim Woo Bin! What's not to love about that?

If you check out the story on their profile, you can't possibly miss the awesome cover by @Dream-Gal!!! Hit  them up if you're in need of a cover for your story!

As promised, here's a special chapter!!!!!

Finn

I watched Sophia sleep on the hospital bed, my heart pounding in fear. When I heard then news that she got hit by a car, my heart ached. It hurt even more knowing that I had caused that. I yelled at her and caused her to run outside and get hit.

It's always my fucking fault, I swear.

I could've stopped it. Just like my father's condition. I could've done something about it sooner.

I got up from out of my chair and kneeled by her unconscious side. "Hey," I whispered. I was lost for words, my brain clouded with so many thoughts of my father, my future and my present.

Her.

"You know, Buttercup," I spoke, letting my fingers graze her pale face. "I would never have thought it would get this far. You...in hospital. A hair's length away from death." I gulped at my words, imagining more worst-case scenarios, a world without Sophia.

"Please, don't die." I said softly, bringing her taped hand to my lips. "I need you in my life, buttercup. I feel so guilty for all the horrible things I said to you. I never really meant them. I was just teasing." My mind flashed back to the time during our high school formal, when I flipped out and called her a 'bitch'.

"WHY? Why would you do that? I thought we had a deal!" I yelled back. "You...you STUPID BITCH!"

It sent chills up my body. I wanted to take it all back. "Making jokes, playing around, I'm so sorry. I wish I could take every single thing I've said that hurt you, back."

My jaw went slack, as I rested her hand back down onto the side of the bed, the sound of the monitor beeping in the background.

"I didn't ask for all these rules and requirements. Why can't I just have what I want? Why does everything have to be so hard?" I asked, looking out of the window. It was night time, and the city shone under the street lights.

"You know, Sophia...I just wanted to become a doctor. To help injured people. I thought that would be the main thing to make me happy when I grow older. I don't want to be stuck to some job I don't like my whole life. A job I hate. I want to be happy, have kids and go to work every day, kissing my beautiful wife goodmorning and goodnight."

I breathed, glancing at her resting face. Her eyelashes grazing her face, a cute little frown on her face as she slept. "Now that I see you here in hospital, realising I might lose you, you'll be gone forever...I realised Rosie will never be that woman who'll kiss me goodbye as I go to work with a grin on my face. No offense to her. She's a good girl, just not good for me."