Forty One - Broken

This wasn't supposed to be happening. I was supposed to leave the Dubois restaurant with a ring on my finger or Austin's arm linked with mine.

I was supposed to say yes.

Why does Finn have so much control over me?

The rain started to bucket down. I didn't care. At least I'd scare away on-lookers with my dripping mascara and smudgy eyeshadow. I chose to sit on the edge of the footpath and just sob. It was all my body was capable of doing right now. It couldn't even tell me to say 'yes'.

I told myself a million times to give up on Finn! Dammit! He's hurt me so many times! He's an arrogant jerk, so why does he always end up being the first person I think of in the morning and the last at night!

ARGH!

"I'm s-so m-messed up right now." I muttered at the mildewy drain beside me.

"Get off the street stupid." A voice yelled out. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

It can't be. It couldn't be. Jesus motherfucking Christ-yup.

It's Finn.

I looked up at him, standing across the road. "W-what are you doing here?" I wiped the tears away from my eyes in the hope that he wouldn't see me crying. It was especially hard trying to hold back the tears when I thought about that time when I found out about Finn's plot.

"Rosie is beautiful, smart and classy...all of which you are NOT. That's why Rosie's the perfect woman!" He boomed.

"What? Are you just going to cry and think it'll make me apologise?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied, crossing the road. He looked around. "Where's Austin?"

"I asked you first." I said, wiping the raindrops off my already-ruined skirt.

"Mom asked me to pick up something, and then I saw you. Your turn."

I froze. "Um...Austin had to go back." I fibbed. "It was an emergency."

Finn let out a short breath. He grabbed my arm, his touch shooting electric pulses up my forearm. "Come on, I'll take you home."

I looked up at his twinkling blue eyes. "Where's the car?"

He shrugged. "I walked."

We walked along the street and I couldn't stop staring at the Eiffel Tower until we turned the corner. Amidst all this drama, at least the tower stood by me. Literally. (badoom-ch!)

But this awkward silence Finn and I formed was no laughing matter.