Thirty Eight - The Voices of the Heart

A/N: UPDATE - thank you for 500 votes!!! Every single one means the world to me, and most importantly, every single one of YOU (yes you) mean the world to me. Thank you so much.❤️

"C'mon, Soph. Put this outfit on and do your hair! A little bit of makeup wouldn't hurt either."

I moaned in objection. Vienna and Tori decided to play dress-ups with me as soon as I woke up, at 2 in the afternoon.

Putting on the cotton button down shirt and cut-off shorts, I braided my hair and posed for them. They giggled, grabbing their cosmetic bags. "Makeup time!"

I swatted my hands at theirs in protest. "No! Putting on clothes is okay. Doing my hair is okay. But makeup? That's off limits." Vienna pouted. "We're not even doing anything important today."

"Ugh, fine." Tori said, looking down at her feet. She grabbed a perfume bottle from her bag and sprayed it all over my face. "But a little perfume wouldn't hurt."

I coughed and spluttered, rubbing my eyes in pain. "Some of that went into my eye and my mouth!"

"Sorry." Vienna mumbled. "But seriously, you should put some makeup on."

"Austin's going to love it." Tori piped.

"So will Finn." Vienna added.

I scrunched my nose. "Who cares about what Finn likes?"

The cousins turned to each other, smiling devilishly before attacking me with sticks and brushes.

~~~

"Sorry I woke up so late guys, I had a bad night of sleep." I admitted, sitting down at the table. Rosie wouldn't stop shooting daggers at me and Theo teased me, saying "It's alive".

"What, couldn't sleep with the guilt?" Rosie sneered.

"Not in the mood, Rosie-Posy." I said sternly, stabbing my fork into the food.

"How many times must I tell you not to call me that?"

I pressed my index finger to my temple, pretending to think. "Hmm, let's see, take the amount of times you've said that to me, multiply it by twenty, subtract twelve...and et voila!"

"Ugh! You are the most annoying little-"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Whatever. Save it for your diary." She stormed off towards her room in a rage. "For the record I did not put those rats there!"

Austin walked out of his room, and smiled at me. He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight embrace. "Hey, Soph." he said, grabbing a glass of juice.

"Hey." I twirled my braids around. Swish, swish.