Thirty Six - The Rehearsal Dinner

After grabbing Tori's bobby pins and fastening her hair, I told them about my discussion with Rosie in the car ride to the venue. They were just as flabbergasted as I was. It was as if she were on some kind of drug, it was that bizarre. Rosie would've never spoken to me like that if she continued to act the way she did when I first met her.

We finally pulled up at Château de Perles, and watched as dozens of people in formal clothes arrived, mostly looking incredibly rich. Some of them I recognised - Mr Wilkinson and Mr Abrams was there, Mr Williams arrived, anyone and everyone was attending the rehearsal dinner.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I said, peering out of the tinted window. "Let's go!"

Vienna shifted uncomfortably. "I um, I'll meet you guys inside."

"Why don't you come with us, Vi?" Tori asked. "We might lose you."

"Because um...I'm waiting for Elliot! YEAH, um, I'm waiting for Elliot."

Vienna sounded incredibly suspicious, but my stomach growled, so I let her white lie slide.

"Okay then," I replied, then turned to unlock the door, Tori in tow. "Let's go!"

~~~

I could hardly breathe. The room was beyond HUMONGOUS. It looked like the inside of a castle, and there were tables scattered everywhere. Gold pillars decorated the building, intricately patterned skirting adorned the walls and floors, and red carpet was rolled out across the floor. A string quartet played elegant, soft, classical music to entertain us guests.

If I thought the penthouse looked good...I was wildly incorrect.

My jaw hung wide open as Tori and I crashed into Finn and Carter, standing by one of the tables.

"Hey babe," Carter breathed. "What's up?"

She frowned. "What's up? I came over here so you could point out where we were sitting!" She swatted him on the arm. "We are sitting together, right?"

He froze on the spot. "Um, sure. I'll be there in a sec."

Tori let out an unimpressed 'Harrumph!' and started to storm away.

"Wait!" Carter called out, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back.

She glared at him in annoyance. He smiled at her anyway with adoration and said, "I love you."

Naaaawwwww.

Tori refused to do anything, but Carter wrapped her in an embrace, peppering kisses all over her cheeks and neck. "Carter let go of me!"

"Not until you say it back!"

"No! Let g-ugh, okay, okay! I love you! I love you!" she yelled, laughing uncontrollably.

I, on the other hand stood awkwardly. Finn did the same.

"I um, I'm gonna go find Aust-" I said, pointing towards the crowd of people by the waiters.

"Sophia." Finn cut in. I turned to face him. "Your dad's looking for you by the door. You should go see what he wants."

"Oh, yeah...I'll go see, but I'll get Austin firs-"

"He says it's urgent." Finn says a little too harshly. "You should probably go now."

Well then...

"Urgent?! I'll go right now!" I screeched, running towards the door.

~~~

I tried to get through the crowd but it was incredibly hard, especially in five inch heels. I ran into Ashley and Vienna, who were carrying boxes in their arms. They looked pretty startled to see me, when I waved at them.