Thirty Seven - Rash Decisions

All of a sudden, people started to scream and flee from their tables, away from the venue.

"RAAAAT!"

"OH MY GOD I THINK IT TOUCHED ME!"

"HOW DID THEY GET IN HERE?"

"EWW!"

"THIS IS DISGUSTING!"

The ushers ushered (haha) everybody into a spare function room while they called the exterminators. I ran inside to see Rosie sobbing and Finn patting her shoulder. Ashley remained stony faced. It must be a Callahan trait, considering Finn pulled that face almost all the time.

"Everyone can go home! All the drivers have arrived to pick everyone up!" Ashley hollered, as people started to walk out into the foyer of the hotel.

Austin ran up to me. "Sophia, are you okay?"

I nodded. "I'm fine...just really grossed out."

His eyes met mine in deep concern. "When I heard you scream, I almost had a heart attack."

I blushed. That's so...caring.

He scooped me into his arms and we kissed tenderly. It was comforting to know that Austin was always there for me in a time of need. We held hands as exterminators rushed into the infested room.

"What the hell happened?!" Rosie exclaimed from nearby, mascara streaking down her face. "How did this happen?"

"It was probably some freak accident." I added, walking over to her.

"Freak accident? That's funny coming from you." she snarled. I glared at her sudden change in personality and her abrupt rude comment. "Don't play dumb, that quantity of rats had to have been bought."

"What are you trying to say?" I asked.

"You did this on purpose!" she yelled, pointing a finger at me.

"WHAT?! ME?!" I screeched. "Why would I do this?"

"We all know you still like Finn!" she screamed. "You're just jealous because I got him and you didn't!"

Finn remained stony faced, like his mother. I continued to shoot Rosie death glares as other guests started to crowd together, watching us argue.

"Okay," I said, trying to refrain from punching her in the face. Gotta stay ladylike, Soph. "First of all, you got him? Is he a prize or something? Secondly, I DON'T LIKE FINN YOU EGOTISTICAL LITTLE BRAT!"

Whoops.

"Sophia!" My dad yelled in the background, a stern look on his face.

Rosie scoffed. "Yeah, right. Everyone knows that you're some freaky stalker."

I rolled my eyes. "Get over yourself bitch," I sneered. "I'm happy with Austin."

"Me, a bitch? If anything, you're a bitch!" she shook her head in mock-disbelief. "I shared something very personal with you, Sophia! I really thought things changed."

"Well, evidently, some people never change," I said, waving my arm at her up and down. "But it doesn't matter to me because I. DIDN'T. DO. IT."

"You stabbed me in the back!" She screeched, then started to cry again. "You know what? You got your wish. Congratulations you win. Some friend you are."

She burst into hiccup-y tears and fled, Finn rushing after her. He shot daggers at me, before sighing and attending to his teary fiancée.

Sometimes you just can't help people who don't want to be helped.