154.)

Beep! Beep! Beep!
The noise in the room became perceptible, before Zaria was able to open her eyes to confirm that she was in the hospital.

She squinted her eyes to adjust to the bright fluorescent lights, Fatima was currently sitting in the chair next to her, replying to some work emails.

The last thing Zaria remembered was Zyla picking her up from Madea's house, but anything after that was kind of a blur.

Zaria's eyes darted at the clock that was on the wall, visiting hours was over in 20 minutes.

Although she was glad her mother was by her side every step of the way, it was some hard truth she had to come to terms with and she wasn't ready for that conversation just yet.

"Okay mamas...mommy has to go, your daddy waiting for me, and lords know I do not want to hear this boys mouth" Fatima says speaking out loud, and Zaria immediately closed her eyes.

Fatima had stood up and kissed her forehead, she grabbed her cup of coffee and left out the room.

After the coast was clear, Zaria had opened her eyes and instantly began to sobb, which alerted her nurse, who appeared in her room, within seconds.

After assuring Zaria she was safe, and asking her questions on thing she remembered, Zarias heart rate was back elevated.

"Would you like to hear your baby's heartbeat?" Nurse Davis asked, and Zaria eyes got extremely wide.

"My baby's heartbeat?" Zaria asked in confusion, she thought all this was a big dream.

"As of today you're about 14 weeks and 3 days" Her nurse replied happily, and Zaria threw her head back onto the bed.

"So I'm not dreaming?" Zaria asked, and Nurse Davis did a light chuckle, while shaking her head no.

"Let's get you up and moving, how does that sounds?" She says, as she helped Zaria out of bed, and Zaria looked down at her small round belly, unbelievable.

"Oh my mom and dad is gonna kill me, I have to hide this from them for as long as possible" said Zaria.

"What good is that going to do for you?" Nurse Davis asked, and the two walked up and down the hospital hall while engaging in conversations.

Back to present day..
Two days later.
Tuesday, 4:20 p.m.

"Mom I'm really not trying to have an attitude with you, I'm just saying why say you could watch him if you really can't"

"It's always an excuse when it comes to my son, but nobody never has a problem watching Halo or Hamani" Zaria expressed.

"You really trying to sit up here and say we treat him differently from the others? Are you really saying that right now Zaria?" Fatima says letting out an intense laugh.

"Because who watching him when you're at work or school? Answer that for me baby.."

"You do" Zaria replied, "bu-" Zaria tried to finish her sentence but Fatima had cut her words short.

"But nothing, who drops and picks him up from daycare? Who leaves work early so you could have a sitter when you DECIDE TO PICK UP LAST MINUTE shifts"

"Who pays for damn near EVERYTHING ?" Fatima bombarded her with questions and Zaria had exhaled deeply.

"You do, and I'm thankful for that, but if you just gone throw it in my face then never mind"

"I never wanted this to be my life, i didn't want to be a teen mom, and it's like I'm the only one getting punished for my actions, but how is this any fair to me mom?"