25

This chapter has 2500+ words and ends with a question. Make sure you read till the end ❤️

Target for next chapter: 1200 votes and 700 comments

*** Randheera ***

"Go home, I'll put Guddu in the stables and join you," I said as I stopped the chariot infront of the soldier's compound.

Yashu nodded and got down.

I was about to leave still thinking about the fact that I let Yashu punish me when I remembered something else.

Stupid snake punished me as well....asked me to find out three things Yashu likes and I haven't done that yet. Thankfully, we both got busy and he didn't bring it up but I will be in real trouble if he does.

"Yashuuu," I called her out and she turned back.

I got down the horse and ran the distance to meet her.

"Tell me three things that make you happy?" I asked.

"Amma, Bapu, you," she replied without a second thought and my heart skipped a beat. For some reason tears threatened to roll down my cheeks.

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yes," she replied, "What else would make me happy?"

The moment she finished that sentence, I heard the sounds of thunder, as if God is screaming at me "Look how adorable my favorite child is, you idiot!" and soon enough droplets of rain started to fall on us.

Yashu immediately placed her hand above my eyes to make sure the tilak doesn't go away, yet I continued to look at her, unbothered by the rain.

I could sense a couple of soldiers running towards us with umbrellas.

One of them sheltered Yashu and the other sheltered me.

Not that it mattered anyway, I was too engrossed in the innocence and love of my wife.

"Bhabhisa, let's go in," I heard Ashok say. Yashu looked at me. I nodded and slowly she left inside ,along with him as I stood there mesmerized by her.

"Sir?" Pritham called distracting me and almost as if the spell was broken I got back to my senses and looked at him.

"Everything okay?" Pritham asked.

"Hmm," I nodded as I adjusted the umbrella in his hand so that it is not more inclined towards my side and protects us both equally.

"I asked her what makes her happy and she replied amma, bapu, you," I continued still thinking, "Are all Eastern women like this, Pritham?"

"I think all women are like that sir," Pritham replied, "That is why we call them the goddesses of the house." "Although," he continued, "Given that you are an atheist, I am not sure if you would agre..."

"I think I agree," I replied as I once again looked at the path that Yashu walked on. Even in her absence, the fact that she walked that way made it special.

Pritham smiled.

"Can you get me the recipe of some Eastern delicacy Pritham," I asked as a new idea struck my mind.

*** Shanthi ***

"Scared?" Vinod asked as he sat across me, his intense gaze peircing through my soul.

I hesitantly nodded.

"Should've thought about it before committing the identity theft, sweetheart," he stated as he looked around, "Welcome to the torture room."