Chapter/7/: New Beginings

It was my sophomore year at Rutgers University. Me and Grayson were driving in my car heading towards Long Valley. It was Cameron's first year out of college and she just got married about 3 weeks ago on April 23rd. It was May 7th and Cameron asked everyone to come to the parents house for dinner while her and her husband were back from Punta Mita and about to go back to their home in Maryland.

* Check-ups on everyone's lives*
Grayson- he changed his major what seemed to be about five times from the beginning of freshman year to now. Him and Jamaica hadn't broken up and genuinely loved each other.

Jamaica- I stuck with my major in interior design and also released my album which hit one of the top charts. Since i was focused on college and life in New Jersey I  decided to put my singing career off until i graduate.

Ethan- was still one of my best friends and seemed like a brother. Him and Brooke had been off and on but I could tell they really loved each other.

Brooke- was focused on her major in fashion design and her and Ethan made frequent visits to NYC so she could intern and further her education.

Cameron- her first year out of college and she wanted to continue school to get her doctorate degree so she could pursue her major in dentistry. But something was going to get in the way of that.
* end of narrative*

"Okay I talked to Cameron and she seems to be very nervous." Grayson starts to say once we pull off the highway and onto the exit that leads to Long Valley.
My phone starts to ring so i search in my Michael Kors purse in the back seat while keeping one hand on the wheel.
"Gray could you get that for me?" I ask bringing my hand back to the wheel. Grayson gets my phone and answers it.
"Helllooo" he says. "Yeah hold on here she-" I grab the phone from his ear.
"This is Jamaica" I say.
"I just realized what's going on..... Am I on speaker?" I hear Brooke's sweet accent.
"No what are you thinking?" I ask waiting for her response.
"Ethan cover your ears" i hear her say.
" Okay I think she's preggo." Brooke says waiting for my response. I don't answer so she goes on and says
"Jamaica think about it , she kept tweeting about her getting 'food poisoning' and she said on the plane the other day she was going to put school on hold." Brooke tries to continue but i cut her off.
"Oh my gosh, your right, well I'm pulling up right now, where are you guys?" I say.
"We're just getting off the exit." She says.
" See ya." She hangs up and Grayson immediately questions me
" What was that about?" He asks while unbuckling his seat belt and opening the door.
" Nothing." I say shutting my door and walking towards the side door. "Let's sneak up to my room until Ethan gets here." Grayson says beating me to the door. He opens the door quietly and we sneak up the back stairs and into his room. He shuts and locks the door. I sit on the bed and kick off my flip flops. "Now...... where were we?" Grayson says putting a hand behind my back and pushing me back as he starts to kiss me.
"Grayson, Ethan will be here in literally seconds." I say as he takes off his shirt. After i say this we here Cameron yell for her parents saying "Mom, Dad, Ethan and Brooke are here!" Grayson sighs and puts his shirt back on and we sneak back down the stairs out the side door and walk around to the front door. I walk in and Mrs. Dolan immediately hugs me instead of her own son. Once everyone is greeted we go and sit at the table. I am sitting in between Grayson and Brooke and across from me is Cameron. "Could she be pregnant?" I ask myself as i eye her up. I dismiss the thought by the sound of Mrs.Dolan saying
"So Jamaica, do you have plans for your album I'm so excited for your career to take off!"
"Thanks so much , but I really want to finish up school and get my degree before I make any decisions." I say picking up my cup and taking a drink.
"Smart." Mr. Dolan says while chewing his food.
"She's a keeper Gray." He says looking at Grayson. Grayson blushes and grabs my hand underneath the table.
"I know dad, I love her." He says turning to look into my eyes. I smile at him and then take a bite of my food.
"Brooke, Ethan told me about you being interested in an apartment, in New York." Mrs.Dolan says facing Brooke and Ethan's side of the table. "Uh , yeah since I've been going there a lot I thought it would be nice to have a place to stay." Brooke says.
"I'm hoping somewhere on Soho , but Tribeca's nice." Brooke continued. Once she says this everyone breaks out into conversation. I keep looking at Cameron's new husband. He was nice, tall, and good-looking. I tried to picture what their baby would look like when Cameron announces "Okay guys, um , Rylee and I have big news." Everyone is silent and all eyes are on the new couple.
"We're pregnant." They say in unison. Mr. Dolan just sits there and stares at Cameron, Mrs.Dolans jaw drops , Grayson spits out whatever he was drinking, Ethan drops his fork on the ground and me and Brooke look at each other in the corners of our eyes. Cameron sees the shock in everyone's eyes.
"Dad, say something...." She says softly.
"Bullshit." Mr.Dolan says standing up and leaving the table.
"Mom..." Cameron says. She is obviously trying to hold back a cry. "Uh , well , what about school? Cameron I thought you were taking a year off only to get married..." Mrs. Dolan says softly.
"Okayyyy , uh congrats Cam and Rylee , me and Brooke are going to swim a bit." Ethan says standing up and grabbing Brooke's hand.
"Uh yeah us too." Grayson says grabbing my hand and standing up. "Congratulations you guys ." I say softly.

What does this mean for the Dolan family?