Chapter 2

Draco's POV

The moment I saw Hermione walking through the door, my heart was beating twice as fast as usual. To be honest, I didn't think she was going to make it in time and I was about to leave, but then luckily she turned up. I now noticed her looking for me. Deciding not to step out of the shadows just yet, I waited until she was standing with her back towards me and then quickly closed her eyes with my hands. "Guess who it is!", I whispered grinning. I hate that we have to be so quiet even up here but we just can not risk being seen by anybody. The rumours that would go around Hogwarts then couldn't ever be stopped. But that would not even be the worst, because I would just quit that with a neutral face or shout at somebody like I always do. But what about her? She's is too kind for things like that, too vulnerable. Even though she is tougher than any girl I know, and she says she could handle it, I can't do that to her.
Hermione now slowly turns around, grabbing my hands with hers. "Hmm... I really don't know...", she said, pretending to really think about it. "Oh, come on, brightest witch of your age, you should be able to get it right!", I played along laughing. I know she hates when I call her that. She now took my hands of her eyes and punched me playfully. "Draco, you know I don't like that title!", she says. "Yeah, I know, but you're so sweet when you're upset!"