Chapter 18

Draco's POV

My heart broke into thousand pieces. She did not just do that. She did not just seriously break up with me. No. No, that cannot be true, I must have missed something! But it didn't seem like that at all because Hermione was leaving this very second. I started running. "Hermione!", I yelled. I just couldn't let it end like that. Who was going to take care of her now? I can't leave her alone, she can't leave me alone!
"Hermione, stop! Where do you want to go now?" She ran even faster. "Hermione Jean Granger, don't you dare keep running away from me!", I shouted at her desperately. That couldn't happen. Not again. I almost died the first time we broke up, but now? "Hermione, please listen!", I tried again while keeping up with her: "Please, let us talk about it, you can't... You- you can't just leave me like that! You belong to me and I belong to you and that will always be this way!", I said breathlessly. "Hermione, we belong together!" At this point of time she was already at the staircases and stepped onto the first one. It moved instantly and I had to jump to get on it as well. "Hermione, please, think about it!"
I almost cried. This couldn't happen, no, it couldn't happen to me, please, don't let this happen to me... I had to try again: "Hermione, I beg-" "Draco, stop it!", she finally responded, still with her back turned towards me. Then she turned, and I noticed something shiny an her rosy cheeks. It took me a while to figure out that those were tears rolling down her face. Why was she crying? The last pieces of my heart that weren't broken until now, were crashed in this very second. "Don't you get it?!", she continued: "You and me? It doesn't work out! It- it just doesn't!" She had started to run again and we were already in front of the Gryffindor common room, which I wasn't actually allowed to know the location of, but that didn't matter in this moment. Nothing mattered but her. My love, my life... "Hermione..." "No, Draco, just no!" With that she slammed the portrait and at the same time door to their common room in front of me.