Chapter 5

Hermione's POV

The whole day I didn't do anything but thinking about what he said. He wants to take a break but what does that mean? Does it mean he only needs a little time alone or is it over between us? Oh, please, don't let it be over! As I made my way through the common room in the direction of the attic, the first doubts appeared. Was Draco even going to be there after everything last night? Should I better stay here? But he didn't say explicitly that he wouldn't come and as long as there is the smallest bit of hope left to see him I can't not go. Carful, that I wouldn't hit the table corner again, I left the dormitory. When I arrived at our secret place and looked into the room my world broke into pieces. The dead silence all over the room strengthened my doubts. Draco wasn't here. I didn't know how to react and just stood near by the door. It's not like he has always been here, we missed us a few times before due to delays but none of those times he wasn't there on purpose. I was about to look for any sign that he has been here tonight, when I heard a cracking noise. Damn it, what should I do now?! I can't get caught, I can't risk being expelled! I decided to creep out of the attic to quickly return to the Gryffindor's dormitory. I was looking at the ground to check if I could see any shoe profiles but it was too dark to see anything and so I didn't recognize the even darker something - or someone - standing right in front of the door. I ran right into it.