Chapter 17

Draco's POV

I was confused and shocked at the same time. "Why would anyone do that to you? And why, the heck, are you sorry for letting it get to you?", I asked furiously. She looked at me with sad eyes: "That's exactly why... I'm to weak, I couldn't even handle the talks for one day... You deserve someone stronger, someone better than me." I was speechless. Or maybe not: "Hermione, don't you ever dare to say anything like that again, understand?!", I almost yelled at her. How could she think that? What have I done to make her... I suddenly realised that this wasn't about us but about other people bullying her without a reason. I felt ashamed and turned so that our foreheads touched. I stared into her eyes and felt my heart skipping a beat. "Lovely...", I started softly: "YOU are the one who is so much better than me and I won't ever leave you voluntarily. It hurts me like a knife stuck in my heart just hearing you talk about all those people and I can't get in my head... In my head why anyone would be that mean. Seeing you cry makes me want to cry, too, so badly. And you know why? Because I love you." With that I wiped away one of the many tears rolling down her cheeks since I arrived. The whole time she just looked at me, but now she moved a bit and started saying: "Draco, I just can't let you..." I knew where this was going to go and before she could continue, I just kissed her. She was surprised but that didn't stop me. I kissed her like my life depended on it. And it did, because she was the one I was living for.