Chapter 8

Draco's POV

She punched Ron in the face. Just like that. She shouldn't have done it and she knows, but why didn't I do anything to prevent it? If Ron told anybody about it... Wait, he couldn't, otherwise people would know he had been up after sleeping hour. That was good because if there was something that Hermione loved more than our secret times together it was learning at Hogwarts. I would have had doubts all the time that her expelling was my fault if it had happened. But it wouldn't, I was sure about that. But I had another problem right now. After Ron had rushed back to his dormitory while holding his bleeding nose, Hermione stared at me angrily: "Why didn't you say anything? You should have held me back because you were the one telling our secret!" "Indeed, I was.", I replied, getting almost as mad as she seemed to be. "Because I cared for you! I didn't want you to get hurt!" "Well if you cared for me you shouldn't have told it!" "I didn't tell that explicitly if you noticed. I just told him to let go of you." "Well- Well that seemed to be enough for him to notice." "Oh, now everything is my fault?!" Hermione looked at the ground, mumbling: "No, especially because there isn't something between us right now..."
I immediately felt bad. I thought about it. Although I tried not to think of her, tried to let go it didn't work. Maybe, just maybe... "Do you want something to be there, Hermione?", I asked staring into her eyes. "Draco",she started: "I will always want not only something but us. I love you, Draco."
Wow. She said it. I mean it's not like she hadn't said it before but it never seemed to mean that much. Before my head decided what to say, my heart let me do the right thing. I leaned down and slowly kissed her.