Chapter 26: Killer

(Cody's Pov)

I drop my armor into the ground pulling off my gloves looking out the window at the burning bodies.

"Don't beat yourself over that, it was a good a win." A deep voice said behind me.

"But It wasn't a great win, I don't want to loose anymore men."

"Well you will, you need to get over it." I turn and face my dad who stood there dirty just as I am, he crossed his arms, and I roll my eyes turning back to look out the window, "Whatever."

"Kalia's messing with you-"

"Don't bring her in this, she has nothing to do with any of this."

"Does she?" I glanced over at him before sitting down in the chair.

"Cody.." He says walking into my bedroom and sitting across from me. "I know how you can be, closed off, not letting your guard down since the incident with Emily-"

"We don't talk about that."

"Maybe it would be good for you-"

"I said we don't talk about her, don't ever mention her name." I seethed. It was a touchy subject and I wasn't particularly in the mood to talk about my feelings.

What happened to Emily was mistake, a huge one that left her dead. I breath out of my nose calming myself down as I turned to look at my dad.

"Okay Cody."

"Okay Dad." I say standing up and taking off my boots throwing them into the corner of the room, I watch my dad leave as I slip off the dirt stained, sweat drenched shirt. I go take a quick shower before shaking out my hair when my phone rang. I immediately answered.

"Kalia? It about time you called? I swear once you get home ohh ohh ohh your in so much trouble-"

"Cody this is serious. Romans pack they aren't fighting you. It's someone else." She says a little breathless.

"I just finished off a pack how could it not be a Roman? It has to be him-"

"Cody's it's not Roman! It's someone else! Roman is in New Orleans!" She yells.

"You better be careful Kalia, he's powerful. I'll get Jake on figuring out who we are fighting against."

"Okay, I'll work on it too- stop Lucas! Did you win?"

"Why are you with Lucas?" I ask ignoring her question.

"He's in New Orleans. Jaden, Him and I are staying with a couple of friends."

"Do I know these friends?" I ask.

"No- I have to go though, bye Cody."

"Bye." I say as the line went dead.
I quickly get dressed in a white tee pants, and vans.

I walk down the hall passing Kalia's door stoping looking back at it. Maybe she has more secrets I don't know about, I stop myself and walk to the stairs jumping off the landing in the foyer and I turn and walk past the living room, to the left down a hall, and to my office.

"Jake we have a problem." I say shutting the door and turning to freeze to see Aria sitting in my chair feet propped on the desk. Jake was laying on the ground with a folder and papers scattered around him.

"Can I help you?"

"You can." She says with a smile I raise my hand motioning her to continue.

"Heard Kalia was in New Orleans. Has she met her daddy yet?"