Chapter 31: Worsening

(Cody's Pov)

I wake up to the sun shinning right in my face and the sound of the birds chirping. I rollover looking at my phone before shooting up from the couch, and quickly pulling on jeans and a shirt from lasts night. I was late for the nights training super late, I brush my teeth quickly before running my fingers through my hair walking past the empty bed before opening the door and I stopped.

I turned around to look at the empty bed again, Kalia wasn't there, which was odd. There was no way the wolfsbane could have worn off, then I saw the blood. I threw the blankets off the bed seeing the huge blood stain on it and heard something metal hit the floor. I looked a small metal scalpel, with dried blood on it and immediately thought of Kalia. I ran down the stairs.

"Sir, the Knights are wondering were you are." Daniel said.

"I'm not coming I have to find Kalia." I saw as I ran out the front door.

I got onto the four-wheeler and thought 'where would Kalia go in the middle of the night?'

"Sir!" I heard one of the Knights say I drove towards the voice going down the path in the woods outside the gates. I find the Knights looking down towards the ground and I hoped out seeing one of my freshman Knights practically shredded to pieces, I looked at the tears and found they were in fact made by a wolfs teeth

"Dammit Kalia." I say under my breath "burn the body, if you find anymore do the same." I say before driving down the path in the woods before I stopped. I got off and decided to go on foot, I see aged for several minutes before I heard Kalia's voice call my name. I ran towards the sound of her voice jumping over a log and skidding to a stop.

I saw her small naked body move out of the fetal position and she sat up back to us, leaves and grass in her tangled brown hair.

"Kalia." I saw quietly and she jumped turning to look at me. "What are you doing out here?" She looked around immediately covering her chest with her arms.

"I-I-" I walked up to her as she studied pulling off my black shirt off and handing it to her, as I watched her slip it over her body. "I don't know, I'm just getting flashes."

"Come on let's get back to the castle and talk there." I say helping her up and carting her to the four-wheeler.
She wrapped her arms around my waist tightly as I drove through the path, heading back towards the castle.

After a shower and a fresh set of clothes Kalia and I sat in her room on her bed as I waited for her to speak.

"I just get flashes of William, him above me, blood running out my arm, I fought someone, then I fought a wolf, in wolf form."

"William had to of drained the wolfsbane from your system by bleeding you out."

"Why? Though?"

"I need to up security." I say sitting up and she did to leaning against the head board.

"William obviously has a some type motive behind him, all we have to figure out is what it is." She say running her fingers through her wet hair.

"The only problem is that William is always two steps ahead." I tell her and she signed. I grabbed her hand standing up from the bed pulling her up with me.

"Where are we going?"

"On a walk" I say opening her bedroom door for her shutting it behind us.

"To?"

"So impatient Kalia." I say shoving my hand in my pockets as she wrapped her arm around mine. We walked down the stair and into the Medic Centre. A knight handed me blood in a stainless steel travel mug, and I thanked him taking a drink, letting the think liquid burn my throat. I got a glance at Kalia's confused stare as we got into the elevator and took a floor down, to autopsy.