Chapter 44: Europe

44: Europe

December fifteenth was here and I was finally seventeen. Lucky haven't properly been handled yet, as I stay hidden in the castle and spend all of my days at Jaden's. I was packing a few small things being I had clothes that Jaden had bought me. I unplugged my phone charger from the wall below the window. The diamond necklace Cody had given me last year for my birthday glittering.

I sigh, I had accepted the fact that Cody 'had' to do this, but it didn't mean I couldn't stop it. The wolves need a little slack not more. He doesn't understand that there will be a werewolf rebellion.

I zip the last of my bag and carry it down the stairs when I was stopped by Alli.

"Happy seventeenth!" He said and I thanked her hugging her.

"Cody's going to find out, I didn't think this is such a good idea." She says pulling away from me.

"So? I put the Werewolves before Vampires. Always." I whisper.

"I hope this doesn't came around and bite you in the ass." I laugh and hug her goodbye. I walked out to the truck and put my suitcase in the bed and climbed up into the passenger seat.

Jaden had picked me up, we had a long conversation on why I shouldn't do this, that Caleb was going to get hurt.

"I'm bringing Dex we will be fine." We pulled into his driveway, I saw Lucas walking around back to his shed and I sigh.

"I'm glad you two made up, he's a lot less grippy about things.

Truth was we didn't exactly make up fully, we weren't the friends that we used to be and I didn't know if we ever would be. I guess I overreacted at the Thanksgiving dinner but my emotions were all over the place, with Cody leaving and Lucas constantly making fun of Cody and I's relationship I just broke.

I walk away from the car, heading out to the shed. Lucas was rapidly typing at his main computer, rolling towards another that had codes all over it.

"What are you doing?" He looked led up to me with his glasses.

"Well birthday girl, happy birthday by the way. While you where stuck in your room, I found where William is currently camped, I'm running facial recognition on a girl he just brought in." He said holding up a picture. She had the perfect slain, and dark brown hair. She was those type of girls you wished you were.

"She's pretty."

"More like hot. Five bucks they're banging." I laugh.

"You and Caleb are still going to Europe?"

"Yeah, we're meeting with a guy in Manchester."

"Same guy Cody met with?"

"Yeah. We have in a couple hours, Dex is at work sure I'm taking a taxi to Calebs."

"You want me to take you?"

"Jaden already called a taxi so." I say awkwardly. There was a honk and I knew it was the taxi. I said goodbye to Lucas and grabbed my suitcase and got in the taxi. I gave him Caleb's address and got a text.

From Alli: There is an assistant Watcher, she's interrogating Jake. Mandatory procedure to see if the Castle is running smoothly.

To Alli: Why would I be brought up? I'm just Cody's girlfriend..

From Alli: That's exactly why, she asked if you were here, so someone must have told her about you and Cody bring a couple. Or my dad is still suspicious, bringing in a Watcher to scare us all.