Chapter 14: Happy Birthday

(Cody's Pov)

I came into my room to find Kalia siting on the bed watching TV, she smiled as she saw me, climbed off the bed, and walked over to me pulling me into a sweet kiss. I smiled through the kiss grabbing her by the waist and pulling her closer. She wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me down to her height. I pulled away grinning, and she chuckled.

"Someones happy today."

"I am," she confirmed.

"Happy Birthday." I tell her as her smile widens.

"How did you know?"

"Research." I say setting a book on the bookcase with my arm still around her waist. I turned to her and gave her quick peck on the lips before tighten my grip on her waist and said, "When I was in you room a couple minutes ago looking for you I saw your surfboard. So I thought... Why don't I take my beautiful girlfriend to the beach today."

"And miss school?"

"It's your birthday, I'm taking you out."

"Really?" She asked grinning

"Yep, but a question before you leave." I said looking over at her she nodded.

"Do you know Peter Petrova?"

"Yeah, he died when I was like three..Why?"

"Just wondering.." I say, she looked up at me uneasy. "Don't worry about it, it's business as usual, I'm all yours today. You only turn sixteen once, we must celebrate."

"When do we leave for the beach?"

"We can leave as soon as you ready." I tell her, she catches me off guard by kissing me hard, yet so soft. She pulled away and quickly walked out of the room not saying a word.

We arrive at the beach, I get out and walk over to Kalia's side and open her door for her. She blushes and steps out saying a small thanks.

"Wants to leave our clothes here?" She asks

"That will be fine." I tell her opening the trunk. I watch as she slips her over dress over her head showing of her long tanned legs, she was wearing a simple blue swim suit. I smirk, slipping my shirt over my head and pulling on a body suit. Kalia looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. I pull her to me and peck her lips, she pulls out her zip jacket that was black and had Rip Curl on the front. I grab her board and hand it to her before retrieving mine, and shutting the trunk.

We walk into the water and Kalia gets on her board early.

"East there tiger."

"I know what I'm doing." She says looking over to me as i get onto my own board, paddling out beside her.

"Do you know?" I ask squinting to looking over at her because of the sun. She doesn't look back over to me, she continues to stare out into the water.

"I've been surfing for a half of my life. Jaden taught me for a couple weeks, then I was sent to a foster home because of my father." She looked over at me

"Must of been hard, living in one of those."

"My father didn't want a daughter." I watched as she looked down before looking back at me.

"And don't think that because your from Australia doesn't mean you can beat me" she says turning to look at me "Watch out for sharks." She jokes, I laughed.

"I never said anything about a contest sweetheart, but I will beat you." She laughed, which made me smile.

"Is that a challenge Mr. Simpson?" she asked trying to hold back her laugh.