Chapter 36: Family

(Cody's Pov)

'Authorities have said that this was a vampires doing, the last attack like this hasn't happened in over two years, Since Brad Simpson had taken rule. Vampires have their laws as well as humans, and officials are warning civilians to be cautious and on the look out-'

My head snaps up from the desk as I see Jake with the remote in his hand. I stood up going over to the filling cabinet.

"I was listening to that." I say looking for a clean sheet of paper and my gaze turned on my forearm.

"Kalia's on her way, will be here In a couple hours. She won't be happy."

"You and I both know fresh blood makes us stronger."

"We didn't lose Cody, your freaking out over nothing." I glanced at my arm before shutting the cannot drawer with a stack of papers in my paper I made my way back o my desk.

"You do realize you have a walking blood bank, called Kalia right?" He asked.
Sitting on the one of the two chairs in front of my desk before I threw him a look.

"I don't feed off Kalia." I say standing up, pulling my pants up.

"Where are you going?"

"Out" I say walking past him.

(Kalia's Pov)

Alli and I walked through the airport searching for Cody or our ride. It didn't surprise me when I saw our names on a place card in the hands of Cody's personal driver.

"Welcome back ladies."

"Thank you." I say as we load our bags into one of those carts.

"Kalia!" I turn around looking around the airport at who had called my name.

"Kalia," someone touched my shoulder and I looked to see Lucas.

"What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk, you need to see something as well we can't talk here." He said looking over at Alli and I looked back at her as well.

"Go I'll cover for you the best I can."

"Thanks Alli." She smiled and Lucas led me through the crowded airport and opened my door for me.

We parked in front of a small vintage place, and got out.

"What are we doing here?" I ask standing in front of the vintage shop as Lucas pulled up his pants.

"Not this, come on follow me." I jogged to catch up to him and asked where we were going.

"A werewolf was attacked around noon. It was Vampires. Tell the police he's on your pack." I nod as we pushed past the worried civilians and walked up to the police tape. I lifted the tape over my head and walked under it.

"You can't be in here, this is a crime scene."

"He's part of my pack. Law number six allows us to trespass onto any crime scene if it's one of ours, or involves one of my kind."

"Carry on miss." I smiled and thanked him as we walked around a trash bin and saw the body. Female blonde hair, tight black dress.

"Intoxicated, she couldn't even think straight." Lucas said.

"Alcohol messes up our powers, were weaker." I added. I turned her head and looked at the bite wounded. Two perfectly shaped circles in the side of her neck. I looked over as I saw a body bag and a man waiting for me to finish. I stood up and walked away towards the police tape, an officer held the tape up for us.