Chapter 4: Guess Who's Home!

(Kalia's Pov)

I woke up early to yelling and doors slamming, it had been three days and I had nearly all of my possessions except for my surfboard and an important photo album. Cody had probably came home, Alli was very nice and took me on yours if the castle if I were bored. I still didn't remember my way to my room but the maid, Jamie had helped. Life in a castle, full of vampires wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so far. Alli said, when Cody comes home and is well rested I would become his and his only and he would be strict. I hadn't slept very good since I arrived and if Cody's going to become a problem them I'm sure as hell that I won't sleep period. I had planned to stay in my room all day, so I didn't have to deal with Cody, but I knew I would soon have to go out and face him. Alli had a birthday coming up on the fifteenth of April, she was really sweet for a vampire, I told her some of my life and she told me hers. We spent forever talking about Australia, she told me how the weather was always perfect, and how beautiful it was. We had a lot in common, we both loved to surf was one of the many things.

I looked over at the clock on my bedside table and it read: 6:30. I got up turning the TV on and walked over to my closet. Pulling out an outfit and went Ito the bathroom taking a quick shower and straightened my hair. (Outfit on the side) I checked my phone to see more text messages asking where I was.

"Knock knock" I turned around to find Alli coming through the door. "Hey" I said

"You still feel bad?"

"Little bit. I mean I'm not horribly sick but ya know?" I said turning back to her and looking out a window looking at the woods that surrounded the castle.

"Alright, I was just checking on you. I figured you where woken up by Cody."

"Talking about me again sister?" My breath caught in my throat as a sudden chill came through my room, I crossed my hands over my chest wrapping my hand over most of my tattoo on my shoulder. I looked over to find Alli gone and Cody leaning on the door. He was in dark jeans and a tank, probably getting ready to got o school.

"School?" I asked

"Yes, you don't have school anymore your family dropped you out because of this."

"Foster family" I corrected him

"Either way they put up quite a bit for you." I looked at him curiously

"Of course you don't know. No girl ever does" he said walking up to me. "I had to buy you to go through the picking process, then I had to pay more to your family-who didn't have a problem getting more money- and I think you will be worth that amount"

"How much?" I asked

"That's not important Ang-"

"But it is"

"10,000" I gasped walking away from him. "You will be home schooled." He said lastly walking out and shutting the door behind him. He left like that leaving me in my nearly weeping state.

I had stayed in my room all day, they had brought me my surfboard and photo album and other items I had asked for. But right know I stared at my surfboard, I had spent all my three summer savings plus all my allowance to get it. How could Darcy and Richard just give me up? They had me for eight years and I couldn't think of anything that would make them want to get rid of me. Yet, they got 10,000 dollars from Cody. I signed and slipped on my black leather coat and walked onto my small balcony and sat on a chair. The itch of wanting to run through the woods was intimidating but I pushed in back as a had was placed in my shoulder. I flinched away and looked up to find Matt,

"Sorry, you can sit if you want.." I said pulling my knees into my chest. He smiled

"I'm fine, but thank you. I know you like the outdoors and was wondering if you wanted to come with me over to the Knights Tower" I thought for a minute then nodded