Chapter 28: Virus

(Kalia's Pov)

I sat up from bed looking down at my wrapped stomach. I looked towards Lucas bed and he wasn't there, I look at my phone to see it was already noon.

"Damn." I mumble getting up and walking down stairs Matt say me first.

"Where is everyone?" I ask

"Living room, let's change the bandages, see if it healed any."

"It doesn't hurt anymore, I find myself wanting to scratch it more than anything." He nodded as he cut off the bandages I looked down at the four deep scratches. "Why isn't it healing?"

"It is, just really slowly for some reason. You should have already scabbed over. Maybe it's different, William kills Alphas so he absorbs the power. Maybe it will take a couple days."

"Well I'm going home tonight, Cody won't be happy." I wince as he places the bandages on before wrapping it. "Thanks."

"Your welcome." he smiles before turning and placing everything back up a drawer.

"Hey Matt?" He turned to look back at me "can I go to work with you? I want to look at some books." He nods.

"I don't see any harm in it, but you'll have to take it easy for a couple days." He said pointing to my stomach.

"Right. Just let me go get dressed." I say before walking up the stairs.
I changed into yellow short jean shorts and a black elbow length shirt and put on some tan heeled ankle boots.

Matt and I left in the truck and drove into town.

"Have you talked to Cody lately?"

"Yeah, last night- I told him I saw my-Roman."

"What did he say?"

"He thought I was happy." I say quietly looking down at my phone.

"Are you?"

"Not really. I mean I was a little happy that he still knew me, but I think back to all those years he put me through hell, and took me away from my family."

"He's thought you've been dead all these years after he found out you left your other foster family. He's going to keep looking for you."

"That's what Cody said. I just don't feel like I'm ready to even talk to him."

"Understandable." He says as he parks the car and I realize we where here.
"Anything you want, it's on me." I smile and thank him as he opened the back door for me and he turned on the lights.

I looked at the rows of stacked books and Matt told me he was going into the back. I looked for the history section looking for year books, or a lycanthropy book.

I spent hours looking over archery and I had a found a year book of Williams graduating class a certain quote from him picked at my mind 'I hope to go to California, and marry the love of my life.' Did he have a girlfriend? I was in the middle of texting Cody when I smelled a wolf I looked out the windows and saw Roman. I curse dropping the book and locking my phone pushing it into my back pocket before climbing up the ladder and onto on of the beams

"What are you doing ka-" I shush him as the door open and I stood completely still.

"Matthew." Roman greeted with a couple men dressed in black beside him. He was dressed in a suit, white buttons down shirt, black pants, black Blazer, and black dress shoes.

"Mr. Petrova, can I help you find anything?"

"Actually you can, your Jaden's friend. Jaden is my son and I'm looking for Kalia." I roll my eyes leaning back against the wall.