Chapter 50: I'm The Alpha

(Kalia's Pov)

I dreaded this day more than anything, leaving Cody. You could say Cody and I had a pretty normal relationship, we fought, we are happy just like any other couple. There was something about us being separated, not seeing each other every minute of the day, it kills the both of us. Usually it's good to have distance in a relationship, not with ours. We fought constantly leaving us both up in the early hours of the morning trying to figure what went wrong.

That's just how our relationship progressed, sex was on the weekly agenda and it would now have to be spaced out. You get so close to a person, to where they become this addicting drug you spend every waking moment together, and when your separated it kills you. Your mind finds it hard to adjust to the reality without the drug. Your anxiety is through the roof, your constantly thinking of the things that could go bad without this drug. You needed it, you wanted it all the time. No one understood the love that we had for each other, not even us.

Cody and I had made up from him fighting Jaden and I had developed an attitude, from The Watchers talking to Cody about me during breakfast. Which I knew it wasn't normal for us to date, but surely there had to be wolves who dated vampires before us? But I thought back to what Alli said; they'd get the living hell beat out of them by The Watchers until they forgot about even trying to make interfractional relationships work.

"Hey Alice, why isn't Jaden answering my calls?"

"Didn't you hear?" She asked sorrowful.

"Hear what?" I say looking through the window over at a shirtless Cody who pulled out a cigarette and lit it up.

"Cody killed Canton. Jaden's best beta he was almost done with college. He's visiting with the parents and helping with the funeral. He will be home tonight."

"Oh. okay I'll talk to him later then." I say pulling on my leather jacket as Cody walked in my room. I quickly said bye and texted Caleb.

To Caleb:

Meet me at Jaden's ASAP.

"You killed Canton?" I said turning to him and he dropped my bags onto the floor harshly.

"He was on vampire territory, forgot about it Kalia."

"Jaden was going to release Canton from the pack so he could become and Alpha. Jaden turned Canton when he was fifteen! Jaden was only nineteen. How could you?" I asked ll shoving him back.

"Was it because you were mad at me?"

"He was on my territory-" he said but I cut him off.

"When have a even gave a shit about who crosses over? You cross onto wolf territory-"

"Kalia you need to go, I don't want The Watchers thinking I snuck you out of here." He said.

"So now your embarrassed by me-?" He cut me off my pressing his soft plump lips against mine, I kissed him crack after a second accepting the fact that is miss Cody more than anything. He pulled away his hands on either side of my face.

"I'm never embarrassed by you. Your leaving to Jaden's right now?" I nodded looking down.

"Your mine," he said pulling my head up and pecking my lips.

"People say forever and always when they love someone but it's more than that, it's beyond forever and always. Don't forget that." He said I smiled and nodded. Cody and I both carried luggage down the stairs with ease, I was in front of him but I stopped walking when I saw the Watchers open the door for my parents.

"Don't worry, keep going." Cody said from behind me kissing my cheek.
Once in the foyer I waited for Cody to lead the way.

"Roman Petrova. Clary Petrova." The Watchers bowed and I smirked.