Chapter 17: Cody's 18th

We where done, for good this time. I was so sick of getting back together, then fighting, then getting back together. It was a cycle, and it was destroying me, I haven't slept, and I didn't think I had anymore tears left in me. But today would be different, instead of the usual awkward tension, and the side glances towards each other, I'll have the guts to talk to him.

I rub my eyes and sit up in bed after looking at the ceiling awake for hours. I place the bracelet that Cody had given me for my birthday down on the bedside table, and took my phone off the charger. I finally called Jaden, I needed my big brother more than anything right now.

"You know I can just come up there right?" Jaden said over speaker phone as I looked for some jeans.

"I need to do this myself Jay, I can't keep being monitored and protected by you and Cody."

"Don't even compare me to Cody." I laugh and pull out light wash jeans to match with the white silk tank, and pull them on.

"I can come to New Orleans Kalia, I have connections.. I know people."

"Relax, where only going to be here a little longer, then I promise I will physically come over and show you I'm perfectly fine."

"When do you leave?"

"Wednesday, I have three days to act like nothing's wrong with Cody and I before I can lock myself up in my room." I say slipping on some brown ankle boots

"How are you doing about that."

"Miserable, he wants to get together but I don't. It's only been a couple days since I broke it off completely, and I've gotten maybe six hours asleep total, not counting last week after that huge fight." I say grabbing my phone and crying it to the bathroom where I pull out my make up.

"It'll get better soon I promise."

"Don't make promises Jay, I'm tired of people who make promises and can't keep them." I say rubbing a pad in a base powder before applying it to my face.

"Heard you had a run in with Isaac."

"Yeah, thanks but I didn't need
protecting."

"What are you talk about?" Jaden asked and I sigh putting down the pad.

"You didn't send Isaac to Australia?"

"No.. I had asked him to help and look for you several weeks ago but he said he had a plane to catch. I didn't think much of it," I looked in the mirror one last time before quickly turning of the light and grabbing my light washed Jean jacket and slipping it on. I put him of speaker and exited my room pushed my hair from under my jacket.

"Okay well I gotta go, Ill talk to you later Jay." I say looking down the hall before walking down the steps. He said goodbye before he hung up. I quickly made my way downstairs not seeing Cody in sight. I smiled to myself and walked out the door, as my phone dinged signaling I had a text.

From Cody: Stay inside today.

How bland

To Cody: Whatever.

I unlatched the black iron gate and swung it up as it squealed. I turned left and walked into town.

It was cool outside with a nice breeze, not to hot and not to cold. Luckily the house was in middle of town. But not by Bourbon Street it was a couple blocks from here to their. Plus this side of town was perfect trees, and plants everywhere.
I looked behind my shoulder a sense of someone following me but there was just a family walking past. I sigh and turn to the left walking down the street.

I looked around at the stores that lined the street and decided on Beckham's Bookshop. It was a medium sized grey building I looked around before going in. It wasn't like I was running from anyone, or even hurting to meet someone. I was in a city I have never been in, of course I'm going to watch out for my self, And I can. I'm sixteen I'm perfectly capable of doing things myself.