Chapter 55: It's a Poison

(Cody's Pov)

After a month and a half Kalia and I started to talk, of course we fought-like any normal enemy would. We fought of Law, war, William, The Watchers, everything. Even though she didn't want it, I was slowly earning her trust back everyday.

"That's the wrong way, keep your sword upright or your going to get yourself killed." I tell a fledgling as I was teaching them how to fight. "the more you sweat in practice the less you'll bleed in battle!-" I was cut of by hearing Kalias gut reaching scream. I curse yelling for Daniel.

"Continue watching the Knights." I say before quickly walking towards the gate, which was opened at my presence by the guards standing there. I took off in a sprint towards the Castle as I flitted up to Kalia's room where three guards stood at the door. I push passed them and into the room, taken back at what I saw: Four guards along with Jake cutting down the body of a dead man that was tied above Kalia's bed.

"Where's Kalia?"

"She's with Alli, guards moved her to your room." Jake said dropping the body on the floor. I turned and ran down the hallway and into my room. Kalia was sitting on the couch her knees pulled up to her chest, two guards walking the length of the windows and balcony, watching. A servant aided Alli wiping off Kalia's face, red staining on the cloth, though she didn't look like she wanted anyone near her. I shut the door behind me and Kalia looked over her shoulder before wiping her cheeks from tears.

"Leave us." I order. Alli looked at Kalia, and stood setting the rag on the coffee table. I watch as everyone leaves and they shut the door.

"I heard you scream." I tell her walking up to her, sitting on the coffee table. I place my hand on her knee and she turned away from me her hair falling in front of her face.

"Are you alright Kalia?" I ask quit lying as I watch her shrug before her body shakes and he sniffs wiping her cheeks again.

"Kai." I say softly moving over to the couch beside her, pulling her into my chest. I heard her let out a shaky breath, as she began to cry again and I ran my hand up and down her back soothingly, several minutes later she stopped.

"I knew him." She says moving away from me, "he was my brother, my foster brother. Parker," he said pulling away from me and wiping her eyes.

"This is the third time in two weeks that William has messed with me. First by letters, pictures, now this? What message could he possibly be sending?"

"Do you want me to look at the pictures, so we can do this together? Or are you going to take them to Lucas and Jaden."

"Don't talk about them like that. You know they are smart. Three great minds think alike." She says and I stood up walking past her.

"Yeah? We as a team worked pretty damn well together I thought, clearly you have a different reading." He said walking out, as guards came in continuing what they were doing previously.

(Kalia's Pov)

I went into town to speak to Isaac and Lucas about what was happening in New Orleans, they were going to meet me at the café across from the tattoo shop downtown. I sat down outside-it was a nice day out-and ordered water. The past few weeks I've been on edge about William, he had managed to place Parker over me while I was sleeping. I had woken up to something hitting my face, it took me a couple minutes to open my eyes, when I did I screamed. Cody was there fairly quickly, I admired the way Cody had been nice lately, but he was always out at night drinking away his problems. Every one knows at a certain point a man gets so low that they have to 'drink their problems away. Relationships never ended like they did in the movies, Hollywood had it wrong. I felt like mine and Cody's relation ship was like Romeo and Juliet supernatural version.