Chapter 46

Hayes leads me to a part of the beach that is practically deserted.

When he stops and turns to me, I suddenly wish I'd put my dress back on, or at least a towel.

"So what is it?" I ask. It probably sounded impatient, but that wasn't my intention.

"I just..." He looks down at the ground, then back up at me. "I'm a complete and total idiot. I'm sorry. That's what I want to say. I'm sorry for overreacting about you talking to Shawn. I'm sorry for losing my temper and yelling at you. I'm sorry for not apologizing right after I said it. I'm sorry I didn't try harder to get you back. Most of all, I'm sorry I ever let you go."

My heart feels like it skips a beat or two. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't that. "Hayes...."

"I know this is a long shot," he nods along with his own words. "But letting you go could possibly be the biggest mistake of my life. I understand how late I am telling you all of this, but I was afraid to call. I was afraid I would screw this up. I've spent so long planning out what I was going to say. When Nash told me he was coming to see you guys, I knew I had to come. So I could talk to you. Chrissa, I miss you... I miss you so much. I need you. You keep me from doing stupid things I regret."

"I-I don't know what to say," I whispered. A million thoughts run through my mind, but one is repetitive. I need you too.

"Don't say anything yet. Would you be willing to give me just one more chance?" He begs, his gorgeous blue eyes pleading.

"I want to," I admit. "I do... So bad. But we're going down different paths, Hayes. I'm on tour.... I'm writing music. You're doing your own thing... Separately. I don't know how we could make it work."

"We can! Please Chrissa, I know we can!" He grabs my shoulders. "Please... I love you."

I stiffen. He's never said it before. I bite my lip nervously while I process it. Do I love Hayes? I go through all my memories and thoughts of him. And... I realize I do. I do love Hayes. "I love you too."

"Does that mean you'll give me another chance?" His eyebrows raise hopefully.

"Yes," I confirm, smiling a little.

A grin spreads across his face. He throws his arms around my waist and pulls my lips to his.

"Chrissa, what are you..." I pull away from Hayes and turn to see Jack staring at us, eyes wide.

"Oh hell no," he walks over and picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder. "Nope. No. Definitely not. Never again."

"Jack!" I complain. "Yep! Yes! Definitely!"

"Um, no," he refuses.

His long strides cause me to sway while he walks. I hate the feeling.

I hit his back repeatedly in hopes that he might put me down, but no such thing happens.

"You found her?" Nate asks.

"Found her sucking Hayes's face off," Jack groans as he sets me back on the ground.

"Jack, please," I stare at him. Maybe if I don't look away, he'll somehow change his mind.

"No!" He turns and walks away.

"We'll talk about this later!" I call after him.

"You and Hayes made up?" Sammy asks, coming up behind me.

"Yes... Until Jack decided to carry me away," I reply grumpily.

He moves in front of me and raises his eyebrows. "Is that a good idea? Like, honestly?"

"Yes," I nod and put my hand on his shoulder. "Sam, do you trust me?"

At first, he hesitates, then sighs in defeat and nods. "I do. I trust your judgement."

"So you believe that I know what I'm doing, right?" I urge.

"Yes," he confirms, nodding his head. "Before you ask, yes, I'll talk to Jack for you."

"Thanks Sammy," I smile and kiss his cheek. I can always count on Sam.

When he leaves, Shawn walks up to me, holding two ice cream cones. "You were gone when we got ice cream, so I got you rocky road."

"Aw, thanks Shawny!" I take the ice cream from him.

"So what happened?" He lowers his voice.

I explain everything that happened to him in detail, and by the end he's smiling.

"I'm happy that you're happy," he side hugs me. "I was never going to say it out loud, but you always seemed much happier with him."

"Thanks for being supportive," I smile at him. "You're the best best friend of all the best friends."

"Oh, don't worry," he replies in a feminine voice. He flips his imaginary long hair over his shoulder. "I know."

Hayes reappears from wherever he was and smiles at me, but he doesn't approach us.

"Oh Chrissa!" Cameron calls. "Get your ass over here! We have some catching up to do!"

I jump to my feet and go to where he's waiting by the water.

"So Jack J tells me you're working on some music," he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

"I might be," I reply. "But it's super top secret, so shush."

"Super top secret?" He raises an eyebrow. "Damn, I better shut up then."

"What about you?" I elbow him. "What are you doing?"

"Filming a movie," he says, adding in a wink.

"Cam!" I gasp. "Are you serious?! I'm so proud of you!"

"I know!" He grins. "I'm pumped."

I grab his shoulders and shake him back and forth. "You're going to be so amazing!"

He copies my actions and shakes me back. "Your music is going to be so amazing!"

"Chris! Come here!" Hayes calls.

Cameron smirks and glances over. "Chrayes back together? Go get him, tiger."

"Are you sure?" I ask him.

"Yes! Go!" He pushes me softly in Hayes's direction, so I jog the rest of the way.

Hayes immediately pulls me into a hug. I cling to him happily and snuggle my face into his shoulder.

"I really missed this," he whispers, his breath tickling my ear.

"I did too," I agree. This is how it's supposed to be. This was always how it was supposed to be.

-----

AGHHHHH MY STORY IS COMING TO A CLOSE WTF
DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THE GRAVITY OF THIS SITUATION?! ONLY A FEW MORE CHAPTERS LEFT. I GUARANTEE BY AUGUST 30, (THE ANNIVERSARY OF THIS BOOK) IT WILL BE COMPLETE. THAT IS A PROMISE.

CHRISSA AND HAYES ARE BACK TOGETHER. THEY LOVE EACH OTHER. EEK!

JACK IS MAD ABOUT IT. SILLY JACK.

SHAWN IS HAPPY ABOUT IT. AW CUTIE SHAWN.

SAM APPROVES OF HER DECISIONS. SWEETHEART SAMMY.

OK IM DONE! HAVE AN AMAZING DAY BABIES! ILY
-Tay