Persuasion

The next day, Cassie walked into work and acted as if nothing had happened yesterday. Of course, she thought about the dinner because she had a good time, despite her running out like Cinderella at midnight. Carlton's proposal was pushed to the back of her mind, as she was focused on work today, not pleasure from the Prime Minister.

She did her usual rounds of hello's before getting to her desk and figuring out what she and the Prime Minister were up to today. Surprisingly, not that much. He had to travel to Buckingham Palace to meet with the Queen, but Cassie didn't see that as too big of a deal. She had to do the same with the President a couple years ago.

She didn't see Carlton all morning because he was being prepped by like twenty people about meeting the Queen, even though he's done it plenty of times before. They tried prepping Cassie, but she basically told them what she was going to do. They seemed okay with it, seeing as she's done it before.

She still didn't see Carlton, even when they were getting to the car. She was the first one in and had to wait for his majesty for almost twenty minutes. When he did get in the car, he flashed her a smile and said, "Good morning. Ready to meet the Queen?"

Cassie returned the smile and said, "I met the Queen long before you, Carlton, and many times after that. So, yes...I'm ready." He chuckled and adjusted his trench coat to be more comfortable as he sat.

Their drive to Buckingham Palace was uneventful with Cassie looking through Carlton's schedule for the rest of her stay and with Carlton buried in his phone doing God knows what. When they were about halfway there, Carlton asked, "Have you thought about my offer?"

Cassie stopped looking through (now) flight times for next week and turned to Carlton, who was grinning like a chestier cat. "I haven't," she told him. "Actually, I'm surprised you remember considering how drunk you were last night when you showed up at my door."

His smile didn't falter. "So have you, really?" He asked, completely ignoring her. Sighing, she told him, "If I say I'll take you up on your offer, will you just leave me the hell alone for the rest of my time here?" He shrugged and told her, "I suppose. Besides the times we're fucking, I will leave you alone. So does this mean yes?"

"It means I'll think about it," she told him, while looking back to her flight times. She still plans to play this out. She doesn't want to give Carlton any satisfaction of knowing his good looks and somewhat vile language can make her weak in the knees.

He let out a huge sigh and looked out the window. "I'll persuade you," he told her. She smirked down at her phone and said, "You won't ever persuade me." She gave him a side glance to see if he noticed she was mocking him from their first fight. She could tell he did because he smiled a bit.

When they arrived at Buckingham Palace, Carlton and Cassie were escorted through several rooms and up a couple flights of stairs, before reaching a room and being left alone with a couple of guards.

"Remember to not be yourself," Cassie kindly advised. "Last time, that didn't work out too well." Carlton was aimlessly walking around, as he said, "Yes, yes, of course. Wouldn't want you going on to fix my reputation again."

"Oh, I wouldn't fix it again," she told him. "Honestly, I would hop on a plane back to DC and watch your career unravel as I sip on my wine, awaiting to be home."

Carlton shot his eyebrows up. "Well, well, Ms. Hansen, you're not as dedicated as I thought you were." She smiled and said, "I'm dedicated. Just not to you."

He put his hands up in mock surrender and said, "Fair enough. There is no respect where none is given...but I do respect you. Therefore, you should respect me." She sighed, " I do respect you. I just hate you, while I'm at it."

"I expect the President to hear great things about me," he teased. She chuckled and said, "Oh, you can count on it." Carlton chuckled and started taking off his scarf and trench coat, revealing his sharp black suit with a red tie. Someone came over and collected the scarf and coat from him.

He walked over to the other side of the room, towards the drinks. "Scotch?" He asked Cassie. She quirked an eyebrow and asked, "Alcohol? Around you? Always. But not today." He hummed, then poured two glasses.

He handed her one, while saying, "I think being drunk for the first go will help." Cassie gave him a double take. "Excuse me?" She scoffed. He winked at her, then said, "You heard me. Drink up, darling." She set down the glass without taking a sip and shook her head.

She will not have sex with him drunk because she knows she'll regret that more than she will if she's sober. Besides, her and Michelle were going to go out tonight and get hammered anyways. She didn't need to get pre-drunk. That never ended well.

A few moments later, the Queen had arrived and Carlton's charm was suddenly through the roof. He introduced Cassie and mentioned that she was with the President the few times he's been here. They immediately got to business, talking this and that.

Cassie wasn't really paying attention because she didn't need to. She jotted stuff down, but it was mostly about campaign ideas. She wrote down some slogans and tried to make them in a different tone than the Republican candidates'.

It was only a couple hours later when the meeting was over and Carlton and Cassie were on their way out to the car. "Well that wasn't tedious," Carlton sarcastically huffed, as soon as the door shut. "And what was it you were doing? Certainly not taking notes because you were smiling at some points."

Cassie rolled her eyes and said, "If you must know, I was putting down some campaign ideas. My first meeting is as soon as I get back and there's no way I'll have time to do it on the plane because I'll be sleeping the entire way."

Carlton "mmm'd", then rolled up the window between them and the driver. Cassie didn't notice, as she was too engrossed in her ideas once again.

He quietly unbuckled his seat belt and moved slightly closer to her. He watched her as she buried herself into her thoughts and kept getting closer to her.

"I'm going to persuade you now, Cassie," he said in her ear, which made her jump and practically yelp. She looked over and saw how ridiculously close he was to her. He smelt so damn good, which was probably her third weakness, next to his face and suit.

"Jesus, Carlton," she hissed. "Back the fuck off!" She wasn't yelling, but whispering harshly, so it wouldn't sound like she was in trouble to the driver.

Carlton just snickered at her and said, "No. We either need to discuss the other night, or take action on it. Which will it be?" As he was talking, he was slowly inching his hand up her dress. She made no move to stop him.

Once he got to her inner thigh, causing both their breaths to stagger a bit, she put her hand on his to stop his advances. Through gritted teeth (mostly out of anger and lust), she told him, "We'll talk in your office when we get back. Okay, your majesty?"

Carlton gave her a dirty smile and said, "Okay...mistress."