Nothing More...

Carlton was readjusting the front of his pants, as he was walking out into the hall just a few minutes after Cassie. He noticed a lot of the staff trying not to look at him and it found it quite amusing.

He made his way to Jacob's office and entered without knocking, while saying, "Okay, what was it you wanted to discuss?" Jacob looked up at him from some paperwork and told him, "Close the door."

Carlton closed it, and then sat down in one of the chairs. Jacob sighed and started, "Look, while I am enjoying you and Ms. Hansen not clawing at each other's throats, I do hope you know that this...whatever it is could cause a lot of problems."

Carlton looked him curiously, but didn't say anything. He started to think more about what just happened in his office with, not the sex, but the kiss. That steamy, hot kiss that made his head swim. And then the kiss he gave her when she left that made his mind blank.

Jacob noticed Carlton's face softening as he thought about it more. A small smile actually appeared on the Prime Minister's lips. But as quickly as it was there, it was gone.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he told Jacob. "Ms. Hansen and I were in a meeting." Jacob smirked and retorted, "Yeah, one where she kept screaming your name."

Carlton shifted uncomfortably, then said, "It's no one else's business but ours. So we had a quick fuck in my office. Who cares?" Jacob sighed and leaned forward.

"You do," he told him. "Cassie is leaving in just less than a week, Benedict. I'm pretty sure you don't want to get involved anymore than you already are." Carlton scoffed, "What do you know?"

Jacob shrugged. "I know enough ever since that dinner. The way you looked at that girl all night said more than you have let on. You don't hate her, you--...you really, really like her. You're more human around her than anyone else here."

That caused Carlton to go quiet. He chewed on his fingernail in thought, before asking in a low whisper, "What do I do?" Jacob smiled and said, "Tell her. You can either do that or keep up this grim, emotionless Prime Minister act. Whichever one will make you feel better when she leaves."

Shaking his head, Carlton told him, "Yeah, but it won't be easy either way, will it? I mean...Christ, I don't know what I've gotten myself into. I guess I try to act like a hard-ass in hopes she'll just blow me off and I can live with the fact that she hates me. Now that seems easier."

"Benedict, I've known you for a few years now. You don't do easy, you love things complicated. This woman is the most complicated thing you've had to deal with, am I right?" Carlton simply nodded. Nothing else was said for a few moments. Carlton took all of this into consideration.

"You know, that's not how I imagined I would first take her," he suddenly said. "In a bed, yes. Up against a wall, no." He was quiet again, before he quickly stood up and changed his entire demeanor. "Anyways, I think I'm going to finish up some work, and then turn in. It's been a rather trying day."

Jacob nodded and put the work they were supposed to discuss away in a drawer. Carlton walked out with his hands stuffed in his pockets and his eyes closed. He stopped in front of his office and sighed, before continuing to walk throughout the house.

He did some thinking as he walked, mostly about Cassie and how big of a situation he had gotten himself into. It's true that his attitude towards her has been an act. But it wasn't for the reason he had told Jacob. He loves how snarky and feisty she gets with him when she gets mad. He loves the fight she gets in her eyes when she gets annoyed. She was perfect in that way to him.

She's perfect anyways.

He ended up at his room when he finally came out of his head. It wasn't very late, just getting to be seven, but sleep sounded great about now. If anything, he needed to sleep all of this off and maybe get his head straight in the morning.