The Prime Minister's Girlfriend

5 Days Later...

"What do the people want?" Cassie asked, as she slowly paced the room filled with the President's campaign team. They had all shared their ideas, and some were okay, but this was the big one because it was coming from her. "They want promises and they want those promises to be filled," she answered. 

No one seemed interested, which was understandable. They've been sitting here for three hours listening to each person go on and on about random facts and opinions and issues and Cassie's was just another one. 

"So," she continued, "I propose that we run a commercial or come up with a slogan that speaks that. The people want their voice to be heard and they want their voice to be--." She got cut off when her phone dinged. She let out a nervous laugh and glanced down at her phone. 

Remember, tonight six o'clock. I can't wait to see you. - B.C

She smirked down at her phone, then quickly looked up. Clearing her throat, she continued, "Um, anyways, they want their voice to be heard and they want their voice to be acted upon. We need to find a way to get them to know that the President will--." Her phone dinged again. 

You're at your meeting, aren't you? Oh, this is going to be fun... - B.C.

She quickly read the text and rolled her eyes. He does love to tease...in more ways than one. Cassie continued speaking and ignoring her phone as it vibrated furiously in her pocket. The group she was with took notes and nodded and raised their eyebrows in interest, and then finally started commenting on the ideas. 

Some liked it, some hated it, and little of them supported it. Wasn't as big as it shouldn't have been, but that was all because this weeks newspapers. They didn't like reading about the new Prime Minister's girlfriend. They thought she was seeking attention, seeking votes, but that was obviously not the case. 

The morning after her and Carlton's reunion, the press got pictures of her leaving his hotel. They put two and two together and in just under an hour, their faces were plastered all over every newsstand, trending in every social media website, all saying that the Prime Minister couldn't keep away from the President's assistant. 

Of course, the President himself called her and asked if it was true. She had told him the truth about everything and he accepted it as it was, saying it was her life and she should do what makes her happy.

After the meeting, as everyone was filing out and Cassie was kicking herself for not being more aggressive in her pitch, she took out her phone and was surprised to see how many messages Carlton had left. 

I love how I know that you're wearing a sexy pencil skirt to that meeting. If I were there, I wouldn't be able to stop staring at your gorgeous arse. Though any man that does will have a firm word with me. - B.C.

You are so sexy. - B.C.

I want you. - B.C.

I need you. - B.C.

Let's make dinner earlier so I can have an appetizer in my room. - B.C.

Or your room, wherever you prefer to scream my name. - B.C. 

Seriously, I'm getting a major hard on. When is your meeting over? - B.C.

Okay little miss Busy Bee, call me when you're done. I have something we need to discuss. - B.C.

Cassie read the last text carefully and tapped his name on the screen to call him. Just as he answered, "Hello there, sexy", Dennis came into the room after knocking twice on the doorframe. "Can you talk?" He asked without looking at her.