Warm...Safe...Happy?

The car pulled up to Cassie's place after her and Carlton's dinner. They had left about an hour after they made out. During that time, they drank some water and coffee, trying to sober up a bit, even though the restaurant closed already. "Perks of being the Prime Minister," he kept telling her.

Now sitting in the car, they were both at a loss of what to do. They looked like they wanted to say something, but kept hesitating. Carlton glanced up at the rearview mirror to see the driver staring at them, or more specifically, Cassie. And Cassie was staring right back.

Carlton growled and rolled up the window in between them and the driver. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to say something, until Cassie said, "Well, I had a great time. Thank you for not being an asshole." He chuckled and told her, "You're welcome. And thank you for not being a bitch."

"It wasn't my pleasure," she playfully retorted. Carlton smiled and watched as she gathered her things. She flashed him one last smile, before getting out of the car.

As soon as she shut the car door, she almost immediately heard...another car door? She turned around to see Carlton jogging around to her side of the car. When he got up to her he said, "Let me at least walk you to the door."

Cassie looked impressed and allowed him to walk her. It was only a few feet, but they walked slowly up to the door, then stood there awkwardly. Carlton was the first one to break the silence by saying, "Um...I guess I'll see you tomor--mmmph."

He was interrupted by Cassie leaning up and kissing him. She wasn't sure why she was kissing him, besides the fact that he was a fantastic kisser. This kiss started out like in the restaurant, but ended up with Carlton kissing her fiercely up against the door.

He carted his hand through her hair and pulled on it, while his other waved away his driver, before moving it up her leg, under her leg, under her dress. She moaned when he started tugging at her underwear and lightly pushed him off.

"Let's go inside," she panted. He quickly nodded and kept himself pressed against her back, as she tried to hastily unlock the door. It was really hard to get the key in the lock when his lips were burning kisses on her neck.

As soon as she got it open, he lightly pushed her causing them to stumble and start giggling. Cassie spun around and put her hand over his mouth to shush him so they wouldn't wake Michelle, but she could barely contain her giggles herself.

After a moment, Carlton pushed away her hand and covered her giggles with a scorching kiss. Without breaking the kiss, he crouched down and abruptly lifted her up by her thighs. She wrapped her legs around his waist and he started walking them up the stairs.

He started going into one room, but Cassie put her hand on the doorframe and said in between kisses, "Wrong room," kiss, "two down." He went two doors down and walked into the correct one.

He kicked the door shut and made his way in the direction he guessed was her bed. Once he felt his knees hit something soft he dropped her.

Cassie landed on the bed with a squeal and started laughing. Carlton shrugged off his jacket and threw it to the floor, before looming over her. She scooted herself up on the bed so she could be comfortable on her pillows.

Carlton eyed her dress as she did so, and then followed her by crawling up the bed. He leaned down and kissed her again, before pulling back and saying with a hint of pain in his voice, "You are so...beautiful."

Cassie closed her eyes and sighed. "No strings," she whispered in a strained voice. She didn't see it because her eyes were closed, but Carlton looked incredibly upset. He took a deep breath, then told her through gritted teeth, "It was just a compliment. Take it for Christ's sakes."