Chapter 2-- Daddy's issue

Jane's P.O.V
Daisy, my mom, and Liana have been preparing everything. They're in charge of planning the wedding, they are super excited.

My family decided they wanted to be part of the planning so they flew all the way from London to New York. Liam's parent insists they stay in their house. I mean their house is in the Hamptons. I'm sure they would love it. Liam and I thought to also join our families in The Hamptons the following week.

Liam is at work as usual and Ian is taking a nap after causing a lot of trouble.

I was thinking about going to Liana's house. She bought a new condo here in Manhattan. But I had an online business class to take.

I minored in business back in college, but I thought it would be nice to further my education in business since my world is based on it.

I stood up from the couch to stretch a little. I walked to the kitchen to get a drink but then I heard the elevator open. 

Who could that be?

It's too early for Liam to be home, and I'm sure they wouldn't let just anyone in unless a permission was given by Liam or me. 

My dad walked in like he owned the place taking me by surprise.

"Dad?" I said. He walked towards the couch.

"What are you doing here? Why didn't you call me to tell me you were coming?" I asked getting irritated. What does he want?

"Good to see you too daughter. You could at least act like you're happy to see me." He said with a smile.

"Oh please" I mumbled. We still not that cool. "Well, you didn't pick my calls. I needed to talk to you. So I called my son-in-law and he told me you would be at home today. So why not fly all the way from Chicago to see my lovely daughter" He said.

Liam is so dead. How could he do this without letting me know? He's definitely in trouble. He knows damn well I've been trying to avoid my dad.

"Dad, what do you want?" I asked walking out of the kitchen. 

"I just wanted to know some things, daughter. I thought we already put an end to whatever was keeping us from bonding as father and daughter. I mean I already lost my only son. And my first daughter wants nothing to do with me, she never even introduced her family to me. She won't let me see my grandkids. Your mother doesn't want anything to do with me and I get that. So I thought you and I would be doing great since we already talked. I mean I need my family by my side. I want to be able to talk to my daughters and grandkids. I want them to know that they also have a family from my side. I want them to know they have a grandfather from their mother's side. I get it I made a huge mistake by not being there for you guys, but I want to play a role as a grandpa. I want my grandchildren to know me, but you've been ignoring me. Ignoring my calls isn't helping." He stopped for a minute.

"You don't even know your family, I mean my side. You're all about your mother's family. I want you to also know your father's family to be fair. You are not being fair at all. If I die who is going to take care of my company, everything I own" He continued but I interrupted him.

"And whose fault is that? Dad you don't get to come here and talk to me about been fair or whatsoever. I already forgave you, but you're just demanding too much. How am I suppose to get close or know your family when you were not there for us. Money isn't everything dad. I mean your family that you're talking about didn't ask after us or know that we exist. The only person I know and owe so much to is your sister in San Francisco. She was the only one who helped me through college. Dad, you already have a family, your wife and your stepdaughter. If you want grandkids so bad, ask your perfect family to give you one. You can also give them all your things we don't want it. You threw all your family away because of them. Dad, I'm not in the mood to do this. I don't want anything to ruin my day. So please just forget it." I said getting angry.