Chapter 13-- A Friend or Foe?

Jane's P.O.V

I have been appointed as the C.O.O of Greenwood Corps ever since PC Cosmetics and Greenwood Corps merge together. It's been a lot of work juggling family and work. Liam has really been helpful. My assistant is also a life saver. 

"Did you contact the New Cosmo Company from Italy that we agree to work with?" I asked my assistant Renee while looking over the contract. "Yes, I just got a call from them and they told me their C.E.O looked over the contract. She agreed to give us another call when she hears from her Lawyers. We were also informed that the C.E.O is coming down to New York herself to supervise the product, and the Ad we are working on." She said with a smile on her face.

"No surprise, I heard she was a model before leaving for Italy. She just started in Italy and it's surprisingly working out for them. That's why I decided to work with them on this project since it will be doing PC Cosmetics a huge favor by gaining 45% of the profits." I explained. 

"That's why we always trust you to make good deals. We haven't gotten the chance to speak with her directly. I was told she uses her Italian name not her American name so nothing much comes up when we did a research about her." She voiced her concern.

"Not to worry, the company is legit and her name was changed after her marriage to some mogul or whatever. I was informed she kinda wanted a private life after the fame that's why nobody heard about her in ten years. But trust me I got all the information I wanted to make this deal. Enough about her private life, business is business and this is legit." I said after signing the invoice she handed to me.

"Okay, I'll let the C.E.O know how far we have gone with the project since he's helping out on this one." Renee said. 

"Good, thanks. Come back with the folder." I said while she head to Liam's office.

                                ***

I walked into Liam's office after I got a call from him. "I was about to come into your office before you called. Mrs. Mancini will be here in five minutes." I said adjusting my suit.

"Yeah, I called you so we can have the meeting in my office. We should be able to sign the contract with them today." He said adjusting his tie.

"I hope so." I whispered and Liam gave me a small smile. "We got this!" He said to me and I smiled. This deal is not a big deal for Greenwood Corps, but a bigger deal to PC Cosmetics. It's all over the news that we are working on a project with New Cosmo, which is supposed to break the internet. You know what that means for business.

This is the first big project ever since we merged with Greenwood Corps. I'm glad Liam is working with me on this one. I wanted to leave the project with the directors, but we have to make our first project with Greenwood corps and New Cosmo great, so we can grow further.  Since their C.E.O insist on coming to America with her team to work with us, Liam and I should work with them as the C.E.O and the C.O.O of Greenwood Corps.

"The lawyer and the assistant are here, we were just told Ms. Mancini couldn't make it today. She got sick and went straight to the hotel." Mark, Liam's assistant said.

"What? What do you mean? Are we supposed to postpone the meeting? I don't have the time." Liam asked slightly annoyed.

"No, I was told she would be on the phone during the meeting." Mark replied. I sighed. "Okay Mark, let them in." I instructed while I pat Liam's back. 

One thing Liam hates most is when things like this are erratic. "We should have been informed at least 30 minutes ago. I was told she and her team arrived four hours ago. We have to announce our contract at the press meeting today, and she knew that" Liam said while having a sit.