Chapter 23 -- Worries

Jane's P.O.V

"Wait! be careful. Don't stretch too much. I'll do it. I told you to sit down. Let me do everything." Liam said in a cautionary tone, rushing to my side. "I'm fine. I'm just getting a glass on the top shelve. Nothing to worry about." I said startled by his current behavior. 

"But I told you I don't want you stressing yourself, it's not healthy for you or the baby. Just tell me what you need. I'll do everything. You don't need to lift a finger." He continued, moving my hands from the shelve to my sides, carefully holding my waist, while he moved me from the way to sit me down on the nearest chair. 

I rolled my eyes. "I've told you several times there is nothing wrong with me moving around or doing the normal daily routine while I'm pregnant. Liam, you can't keep telling me to sit around until the baby is ready that's not possible. You've been doing this since you heard I was pregnant, and it's like you're getting worse everyday. You fed me yesterday just because I stretched to get my glass of water. You insisted I work from home if I want to work at all. You carried me from the bed to the shower and down to the kitchen, just because I almost slipped in the bathroom. This is getting ridiculous. The baby is gonna be fine even if I go hiking with friends or climb a rock." I said frustrated about his over-the-top caring lately. 

"You said that last week, and you ended in the hospital after passing out on your way home from a walk." He said worriedly. "I didn't pass out. You saw me right at the moment when I felt dizzy. You went overboard by calling 911. Who does that? Even when they told you I was fine you made the ambulance take me to the hospital. You made the doctors not doctor but doctors check more than three times. You even made me spend the night there just to 'make sure' I and the baby were fine. I was so embarrassed. Some people at the hospital were laughing by the way you took it so serious." I argued. 

"You were about to faint." He contradicted. "No, I wasn't. That's not even the point." I denied. I stood up ready to climb the stairs to our room. "Wait, be careful hold onto the railing or let me me help." He said running towards me. 

I turned to look at him and gave him a 'don't you dare' look. 

"Damn... we just talked about this. I'm 13 weeks pregnant not about to deliver. Oh my gosh Liam." I said angrily climbing the stairs. "No swearing the baby might hear." He said loud enough for me to hear. I stopped just to roll my eyes. I turned around again. "You're hopeless." I said and continued climbing.

I promised the girls lunch today so I quickly changed. I texted them through our group chat, letting hem know I'm on my way. 

I walked back down stairs to see Liam rearranging the kitchen, moving things on the top shelves to the lower ones. 

I'm not even gonna ask. I try to sneak to the front door without Liam noticing. But he spoke as soon as I got my hand on the doorknob. "Where to?" He asked walking out of the kitchen. "I told you I have lunch with my girls. I'll be careful, love you, bye." I said quickly, rushing out before he offers to drive me there.

I rushed inside my car and drove out grinning like I did something evil.

"Hey ladies" I greeted while having a seat. "Hey girl!" "Hey pregnant lady!" Arie and Liala said at the same time. I left out a relief sigh. 

"It feels so good to be out of the house." I said making Arie and Liala laugh. 

"Why did you even choose a restaurant like this?" Liala asked. "Because my almighty baby daddy won't let me eat anything but healthy food. I've been craving for junk food. Speaking of food where is the waiter?" I asked looking around. 

"Wow, he must be driving you crazy. I thought you were joking, but then Nikos told me about the whole emergency and hospital situation. I couldn't help but laugh." Arie said laughing.